Jones lack of testicles

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

According to the game stats Hurd had an 83% chance of getting a yard.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Probably a slightly lower chance at the goal line.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

NegaVol

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Here's my deal on the play: if you can't get that yard, then you deserve to get beat.

But...if you can't get that yard, and do get beat, well then, maybe you're a little exposed at that point. Maybe your stated faith in the improvement of your oline was not quite accurate. Maybe your system is just what everyone accuses it of being: soft when it matters. Maybe hiring DeBoard, and all of the hulabaloo about his running game prowess was over-blown, so as to compensate for your making a buddy-hire.

You have to think like Butch, guys, which means to shut off most of your brain.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That was my beef. What the hell was he doing in the game on short yardage.

6. Beechervol

Not enough that it would remotely matter or even be worth thinking about.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Debord has access to statistical analysis systems that are used in the Olympics. He has to be right.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Kamara's touches seemed to be all between the tackle runs and Hurd more outside.

Uh, what? Who thought that was a good idea?

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No shit. I noticed that to and it was moronic.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I dunno maybe he's just that smart.

11. Beechervol

I don't mind Hurd on the edge or between the tackles. Out there it takes multiple guys to get him down. Kamara needs some space.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Defenders seem to continually take bad angles on Hurd, too. He's moving faster than it appears

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's it. He's a strider

14. Beechervol

Yep.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's the basis of the idea. Running your speedster among the uglies and your bruiser side to side

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because they are expecting the opposite, of course! Duh!

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Marlon Walls was on the Vernon show in Memphis today. He is now pretty much a regular on Mondays.....Good listen btw.

Anyway, he says he was sitting with Al Wilson, Daniel Hood, and some other guys... It was weird...he basically said that all of them thought you absolutely have to hand that ball to Hurd there...then she sounded like he really wanted to go all in on Butch and Debord for what he termed trying to sit on a lead, but then he backed off his criticism by going into talking about Butch continuing to load the roster....

I get the feeling, amongst the old guard, they have given Butch a pass to this point, but if he craps the bed vs. UF or the like, it will be open season.

One last thing...he said Strikers comments were towards all the recruits that were in the stands and that he had to be restrained by some of the others bc he was trying go whip Striker's but...said he if he were still playing he would have taken a 2 game suspension just to not let that happen...it was a funny story....

If you can find the old podcasts, he tells some weird stories about O and Dooley, etc.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Funny how none of our guys did a thing about it. Guess they take on the gutless persona of our HC.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Does the team quit on him this year?

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Hard to really say. He's full of it for sure, but he doesn't seem to have Dooley's attitude. Of course if they lose to UF, someone may decide it's time for him to butchug his practice mic.