Jones lack of testicles

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 14, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt they quit because there are better leaders on this team. JRM, Maggitt, Hurd, Dobbs, TKjr and Barnett are all good locker room guys. They may say **** Butch, but it won't be a full on mutiny like what we saw in 2011.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That'd be what I would expect. I don't think Butch will ever lose them quite like Dooley did.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Here's my take on the play:

If you run out the FG team, Bob Stoops goes, "Yay, we held them to a FG!" and does a happy dance.

If you go for it, Stoops goes, "Shit, we have to stop them again," and even if you don't make it, Stoops goes, "Shit, we are backed up to our one yard line in this wild stadium with drunk people screaming and a defense that has a couple of guys we can't block."

I like it when opposing coaches go, "Shit!" more than I like it when opposing coaches go, "Yay!"

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I really like this.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you obviously haven't spent the requisite 5 hours it takes to fully appreciate the decision. You also didn't see the improvement we were making year -1, so you also missed the brilliance behind the Worley read no option. It's a shame that you don't have that professional approach to this.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

There it is. Perfect explanation.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Good question for after the Florida game.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think we lose to FL and are at best 3-4 after the Bama game (2-5 is also probable). I was predicting 9-3 for the year. I simply thought talent would overcome a lot of other deficiencies. And if we are 2-5 after bama, this team gets tired in the last half of the season and just rolls over. God help us then.

Please, butch, prove me wrong. I know you won't, but try.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

We beat Florida.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and Butch goes, "yay, we're winning, on national television. We're winning, we're winning. I told you guys it's about process. Punt team, let's go."

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

"Coach, it's first and goal from the 5! You sure?"

"You quesitoning me? I've got 83.4 hours on analytics saying we should."

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Ask me a week ago and I'd agree, now I'm not so certain

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

My first born son turns 10 this fall...he has yet to see it happen. I honestly can't remember anything about the game when we last beat them. Couldn't even name the QB who did it.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Ainge & Schaeffer. Mainly Ainge.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Schaefer led my favorite drive that game though. Heck, maybe my favorite one since Arkansas 98. 12 plays, 12 rushes, 80 yards.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Loved that drive.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The spin move then the tip toe down the line.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is poetry

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Tennessee played scared, and that's why it lost to Oklahoma

Fourth-and-goal from the 1 with 55 minutes left? Go for it, Butch Jones. Every time.

Teams went for it on fourth-and-goal from the 1 on 122 occasions in the 2014 season. They scored a touchdown 66.4 percent of the time, 81 times in all. That's an expected point value of about 4.6. And if you fail, your opponent is probably getting the ball on its own goal line.

Meanwhile, you can only score three points on a field goal.

Just thought I'd point that out, Butch Jones.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/9/15/9326215/tennessee-oklahoma-conservative-play-calling-butch-jones