Josh Huepel gets a raise.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Dooz, Sep 16, 2022.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

When did the Michigan job open up?

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Next week.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. KyleAlexanderfan

They may have slightly more instate talent than us but if they do it’s not much and we will likely surpass them soon - plus they have Michigan State to compete with.

I guess they also have the jumpman Nike deal. Fan support, money, facilities were are right there or better.

4. cpninja

cpninja Member

If you think Michigan is a meaningfully better job than Tennessee you’re a Michigan fan and/or smoking crack. They were a failed Harbaugh hire away from being in the same spot we’ve been in for the last 15 years, but with shittier weather.
    And the obsession with “Michigan men” will bite them in the ass when Harbaugh leaves imo

yont sum iss?, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Even if they have more in state talent they have far less talent living in close proximity, and it’s not really a place many kids from the south or out west really want to go.

If Harbaugh can’t win a natty there I’m not sure who can.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If I'm Michigan, I call Lane.

A-Smith and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Michigan could be viewed as better for one reason only and that’s because they don’t play LSU, Bama and Ga in a 4 week span with 2 of them on the road. Easier road to CFP. Just beat Penn st. Even if you lose to OSU you still get in.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

You know he’s kicking himself for not taking the Auburn job too.

TennTradition likes this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

id be shocked if he left right now. The only place I really worry about is Oklahoma if Stoops decides to grovel.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think he stays here no matter what. Him and his family love it here and he has great fan/admin support.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

nah he didn’t leave OK with a good taste. If we don’t pay him market value, I suppose he would have to look but with his background, upbringing, etc, I believe he will stay as long as we will have him and there is consistent success on the field.
    He’s said multiple times “it doesn’t get any better than this” and you can tell he means it.

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It would seem to me he is the type to stay here as long as Dr Danny. Lots of security and support. When Danny moves on I think you might have more reason for concern. If you want another curse to break, hire 2 competent AD’s in a row

13. HCKevinSteele

I do too. Even if the sore spots were mended between Heupel and OU, is that really even a good move? I could somewhat see it if we were living in a world where the conferences now were unchanged from what they were pre 2012 expansion. But once Oklahoma is in the SEC is it really that great of a job? Obviously they can punch with just about anybody in terms of resources, but they don't have more than Tennessee. And even if being in the SEC allows them to have some measure of recruiting bump they will always be fighting an uphill battle in recruiting the bodies needed on the lines to compete at the highest level in the SEC, and we know their fanbase isn't going to suddenly have lower expectations once they've joined the SEC.

IP and justingroves like this.
  14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I couldn’t imagine a worse cultural fit.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  15. HCKevinSteele

Not even a bad fit, an impossible fit.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

You're probably right but it could work. If they lose Harbaugh, the next coach is going to have a tough time. Cultural fit or not. I'm seeing Shane Beamer's name floating around as a potential candidate. Now that's hilarious and I would love to see it.

warhammer and Memtownvol like this.
  17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Harbaugh is still at Michigan...?

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If he is two weeks from today I'll be surprised.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I don't see anything of substance that suggest he would leave.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Meh. I don’t trust that Auburn has stable leadership yet. He should’ve done more to quash the rumors though. That clearly hurt Ole Miss on the field the last few games.