Junior Days

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by gorockytop101, Feb 15, 2013.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

There has been a ton of positive response from the JR's that visited this weekend. Especially from some of the legacies.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do go on.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Seemed like a lot of the same "this staff is going to get it turned around" stuff you always hear from visits to a school with a new coach. But I saw multiple tweets from players that basically said their visits were the shit.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We will have a top 5 class this year. I'm going on record saying it. Jalen Hurd all but said he would end up here if we showed a turnaround this season.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Ohio St. will be the only other major player.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

OT Coleman Thomas has us listed at #1. Currently unranked, but has some decent offers.
    DT with Bama offer Charley Mosley has us high on his list. His mother really enjoyed the visit.

Two big positions of need.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's also an EE.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Rashaan Gaulding is being "nagged" by Vic Wharton and his parents about when he's going to commit. He's one of the top safeties in the state. He also said that the visit made a big impression on him.

9. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Good god, those quotes from Gaulding were basically a repeat of Bell's. Vandy leading because Dooley sucked. But it sounds like we'll get him.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This class is going to tell us a lot about Butch

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well then we had better show them a turnaround. Fortunately, I think 7-5 will be enough to do it, and we certainly have the offensive line to go 7-5. Unfortunately, we still have plenty of holes and that involves us winning all the tight ones or stealing a game somewhere.

Yep.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe I'm just scarred from the Rick Clausen era, but I am always worried when a proven QB is not returning.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well in 2004 Rick Clausen was Cotton Bowl MVP and had like 10 TDs in his last three games. Ainge was getting press as the second coming of Manning and people were still fairly optimistic about Schaefer heading into 2005.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

But 2005 was so terrible... So terrible...

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tee Martin, Casey Clausen, Ainge & Schaeffer...

It's worked out a lot more times than it has bombed for us.

I'm a big Bray fan, but it's probably for the best Butch has a clean slate to work with at the QB spot.

16. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I think Thomas is going to end up being a solid 4-star. I hope they can hold off the in-state teams especially VT. Getting someone of his caliber out of VA would be huge.
    Mosley obviously would be a monster pickup as well. There is such a desperate need at both those guys positions.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think I read we are number one for Mosley now.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We currently have the edge for the Berry twins per Austin Price.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Breaking news Austin Price

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We've also told Jalen Hurd we are only recruiting him for Runningback.