POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I always thought he was getting a bum wrap about his speech to block Obama. As I have watch him more I have come to realize he really is a ruthless SOB.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I would not put the further investigation and attempts at Kavanaugh’s possible impeachment beyond the attempts of a Dem-controlled House or Senate. In fact, it’s so likely as to be nearly certain.

I agree that there is no expressed Constitutional prohibition of those efforts.

I still agree with Dershowitz’s opinion, and it is certainly my political preference, but which also has the added benefit of being true, IMO.

But, to be fair, and with all of this being said, it is imperative that I be perfectly honest in clearly stating my full and enthusiastic support for as many people as possible - both Dems and Repubs - to make frequent and persistent mention of possibly investigating Kavanaugh, as is possible, between now and 2020. Most preferably, if dreams do come true, with an emphasis on the aim of impeaching him.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Do you suspect that he lied and if so, about what?

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Read a post on the Facebook, something like, time zones are amazing, its tomorrow in Australia, tonight in Europe, and 1942 in the United States. Seriously? Because you're being a crybaby that the mean old white man got confirmed, now its 1942 again?

NYY likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

You’d have just as well asked if he believed in gravity, VD.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I suspect that it will go like this:

IP: He lied about his drinking. Several associates have come forward to say that he drank a lot.

VD: He said that he liked and still likes beer. He said that he has never blacked out or passed out while drunk. How do you prove that he passed or blacked out 30-35 years ago and is that really something that you want to try to impeach a SCOTUS for? Even Blumenthal said that any lie would need to be material in nature before it rises to the level of perjury.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Please let them brag about it now - loudly and clearly.

Beechervol and Tenacious D like this.
  8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

By all means. They overplayed their hand once, go ahead and double down on that.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Coons letting you down today saying that Kavanaugh impeachment talk won’t move the country forward.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I saw a clip of Booker. He thought he was preaching.

It’s tough to stop the presidential candidates from going rogue - even if there was a party leader, which there really isn’t.

12. Beechervol

Booker, Hirono, and Blumenthal make it easy to not consider a D at any federal level position.

zehr27 likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

Boooooo!!

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Lindsey Graham has 'zero interest' in joining Trump’s Cabinet

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said he has “zero interest” in serving as a member of President Trump’s Cabinet, shooting down speculation about his future ambitions as he emerged as one of the most vocal supporters of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during the Senate confirmation process.

Reporters in South Carolina asked him about his plans, and Graham's communications director shared video of the senator's blunt reaction on Monday,

“I have zero interest in serving in President Trump’s Cabinet,” Graham said, noting that he plans to run for re-election in 2020. “I like him, I want to help him, I want him to be successful, but I think I can do more good for the country and help President Trump more effectively by being in the Senate".

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody is offered a job until they accept it.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Thank you Senator Cassidy

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's one cool customer. Very well played.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was Clinton not impeached over lying about a blowjob from an investigation stemming from a suicide in Arkansas?

19. Beechervol

Yep.

That may very well happen to her kids. It's not hard to see why if it does.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

These guys have to be sick and tired of these ridiculous people. And another thing, you're teaching your kids that it's ok to go to people's work and disrupt half the building? AND, one more thing, I love when people want to start some shit with me, then take out their cell phone and record me when I'm going to lose my shot. That cell phone ain't protecting you from getting it shoved up your ass.

justingroves and NYY like this.