POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Regardless of where you land on all of this, I believe that a woman making an accusation that proves to be false should suffer a similar penalty that the accused would have suffered if found guilty.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

A 4th accuser has spoken with Maryland police investigators about an incident in HS.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Starting to get a Cosby vibe.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Really? Because right now we've got one that is shaky at best, one that is basically standing on quicksand, one that who the heck knows, and this 4th one.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nobody believed the Cosby accusers until they started piling up.

Avanetti claims to have a bunch of corroborating witnesses. We will see.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Are you referring to this from yesterday?

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Because the Montgomery county police department has this to say about that claim...

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

No

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Ok, so who’s reporting it?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay. So you are saying this second person doesn't exist?

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

No I’m simply stating that Montgomery County Police Department denied that they were investigating anything related to Kavanaugh, or that anyone has filed a report or criminal complaint against him. So someone might have talked to the police about an an incident that might have happened while Kavanaugh was in high school.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay. There's so much volume of news, some of which being false, it is hard to keep track.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No. There are consequences that are appropriate to a false accusation without making it equivalent to a penalty for a violent crime by a person who is a danger to society.

NashVol11 likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I always thought if you didn't put your penis in a vagina, you were considered a virgin.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would say making false rape accusations against an innocent person definitely makes you a danger to that person.

reVOLt likes this.
  19. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

The second one is basically claiming he exposed himself during a drinking game in college, which most of those supposedly there, if not all, have denied any such party or game ever occurred.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not even close to the level of a rapist. False rape accusations, proven, not he said-she said, should fit under the same type of penalty for any other type of false accusation, which is often settled in civil court, to my knowledge.

If there's one thing this episode has shown me, as a society, is that we have a serious problem with how we reactively treat women accusers of sexual assault.

NashVol11 likes this.