Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Oct 23, 2022.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can understand trying Milton out first, guy looks like a madden create a player

utvol0427 likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did it consistently in practice. He got a little excited during games

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Milton doesn't start next year but if he does and is accurate, he's going to be talked about as the #1 overall draft pick for 2024.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My daughter is worried. Unless she changes her mind, she plans to transfer there next fall. She was grilling me about my thoughts on next year and the roster this past weekend when she was in visiting.

justingroves likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tell her the Hawaiian Peyton Manning is enrolling this spring

warhammer likes this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I mentioned it, and she responded by asking if I was sure that was how you pronounced his name. Told her it would beat whatever Kesling came up with by a mile.

I was actually impressed with how many names she knew on the current roster. Not that it was all that many, but she's not been around for games or for me to talk with her about them this year. Apparently she has been following Vol Twitter.

justingroves likes this.
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hope so. Just leery on the notion that a QB who has been wildly inaccurate for his entire career is going to suddenly become deadly accurate when the lights come on. Hardly ever happens for someone who already has a dozen or more starts spanning over multiple seasons under his belt. Sometimes people just aren't wired mentally to perform well in gameday settings when the bullets start flying.

But again, I agree with the prevailing sentiment here that it is preposterous to be dwelling on next year right now.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Different coaches, different schemes, etc., but Jonathan Crompton gives me hope for Milton.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I keep seeing him get hit and go straight down or backward.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think Kyle Pitts was drafted #5 overall? So Levis still has a chance to go pretty high, IMO.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Some NFL gms have not proven to be the sharpest knives in the drawer. Someone will draft him a lot higher than they should.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Milton could ride the momentum from his limited action this year to a decent draft position. If I were him I'd test the waters because it's going to be hard to improve his stock without duplicating Hooker's production when given back the reigns.

Personally, I don't think Milton can play.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

What’s are the updated stats here?

14. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

You think it's going to be Tayven or Nico?

15. KyleAlexanderfan

I don’t see it from Tayven.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think it's going to be hard to keep Nico off the field. Milton will have to be really good to get/hold on to the job. Nico looks to be really good at all the same things that is making Hooker elite and allowing this offense to click.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is her criteria for transferring? That is awesome.

justingroves likes this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

Hope Nico is able to bulk up quickly. Guy is gonna show up like 6’7.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

It seems from my non-professional observation, Milton does not seem to process the defensive match-ups as quick or as accurate. He just "seems" slower on the mental aspects.

Hooker is just so mentally adapt at doing that and then executing. I give Heuple credit for recognizing and maximizing that talent.

I am relishing it while it lasts.

It will interesting to see how it plays out in the future.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

6’7 155