Kevin Mouhon LB, GA

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Oldvol75, Jul 19, 2013.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

No bueno.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I hate recruiting. I just wish I didn't like it so much.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have taken a completely different approach to it of late. Too many busts when we do get a guy or flip flops along the way. I just stay informed of who we've got a good shot with (including "commitments") so that I can figure out how pissed I need to be come signing day.

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Kid takes a visit to Cincy and then decommits from TN....telling VQ he is opening up recruitment and will no longer even consider TN.....

I am thinking he either got scared of other LB competition or else the coaches are making room for someone else.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Wouldn't Dews be the more obvious choice if we were just making room?

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm thinking scared of LB competition.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That makes it an easier pill to swallow, but doesn't add up. Quitting UT for Cincy is just odd...will be interesting to see if that's where he ends up.

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

good luck to him, hopefully UT can hold on to Cecil Cherry for next year.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I have a hard time believing Dews will be on scholly initially.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Dews isn't even going to be at UT in 2014. They already announced he wasn't going to be apart of this class technically.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

And I don't see how the scared of LB competition applies. We have AJ Johnson and Gavin Bryant at MLB.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

VQ mod is saying that Tennessee was surprised by Mouhon's sudden visit to Cincy...Said both sides talked after his visit and it appears that both seemed to agree it was best if both parties parted ways.

I also do not believe that Dews will hang on going forward. By scared of competition...How many kids head towards an AAC program with plenty of better offers? I wonder how the commitment of an inside LB like Jakob Johnson factored in his decision. I have seen an analyst or two say that he possibly has upside equal to that of a few of the top ranked LBs in this class..plus he gets a semester jump by EE. Not to mention, Bryant if eligible is a Inside I believe and you have 2 other LB's in this class.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wonder if this is a little bit of culling the herd because of a numbers issue. I have also heard that Jakob Johnson is showing out to be quite the physical specimen. Sounds like we get Scott and a guy or two "decides" to go elsewhere. I hope it's not Hendrix.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Johnson is the definition of steal.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Updates tonight from around the inter webs.....

VQ reporting depth chart (with incoming other backers) was big part of Mouhon decision.

Hendrix saying he wants to see Mizzou...Family wants him at TN....Says he is firm to TN

Barnett talking to Mizzou also, but visiting TN this weekend. TN trying to wrap it up for good this weekend.

Evans not making it in this weekend it appears. Looks like grades are an issue here. DL Garnett says he is coming to visit but rumblings that he might not come and favors Oklahoma. Some speculation that all the late push for more D-Lineman like these 2 and Sawyers may have created fodder for other teams to try and poach kids like Hendrix and Barnett. Garnett not making it in could be indication that TN is conceding him to lock down Barnett bc OU has a good lead with Garnett. Sawyers has eliminated TN ...never seemed to give much interest according to reports.

Dews probably on the outside looking in.

Long Snapper Horky from Ravenwood is coming in for visit this weekend. Would essentially be a gray shirt. Oklahoma and V-Tech potential roadblocks if they could offer a scholarship immediately. No shock if he commits over the weekend.

Defensive staff essentially seeing Adoree every possible chance they can from what it appears.

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I saw one or two national analyst say they would not be surprised if he has a comparable or better career than 5* Raekwon McMillan

We have all learned to take off season reports with a grain of salt, but early indicators sound like he is as athletic as advertised. Of course, who knows what that means when compared to some we have trotted out on the D unit the last few years.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hell yeah, a linebacker that looks like Zack De La Rocha. He better be listening to Rage on his Beats before knocking the shit out of someone.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And scream KILLING IN THE NAME OF after he blows up a QB

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

F on the Evans news - he would've been a top 2-3 player in this class.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Vols on Parade, imo.