Kongbo quiting football

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KennyR, Oct 30, 2016.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If he wants to leave after the season, fine, he was probably gone anyway. But once you commit to doing something, you see it through. I'll teach my kids the same thing I was taught.

If he wants to leave, bye.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Gah, this is so weak. My Dad taught and enforced that lesson too, and I believe in it and will teach it to my children.

The world is not that black and white Dooz.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

This reminds me a lot of last year after the Arkansas game. Ended up amounting to little, but there aren't any big win opportunities left.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

What were they promised? Starting? All of them were beat out by players their class or younger.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Was just thinking this same thing. In two weeks probably be all but forgotten.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No, the world isn't fair.

7. RockyHill

You're right, the world isn't fair. Thanks for pointing that out.

Just curious, where will you draw the line for your children? If the coach plays favorites? If the coach lies to them? If the coach verbally abuses them? If the coach is reckless and negligent with regards to their health? If the coach lays a hand on them?

Obviously there is a line where quitting a team is no longer a cowardly decision and becomes a reasonable one.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Honestly, my kids don't a thing to do with this. I don't even have kids. But since I brought it up, I'll play.

Want to play? Work harder.
    All coaches lie. Cry me a river.
    Proof the other 3 happened to Hurd?

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Not sure Butch is going to authorize that biography in the middle there.

10. RockyHill

The point was not that any of that applies to Hurd. You seem to see this as totally black and white, that quitting is always a cowardly move. What I'm curious about is if you think there's a point where it's not a cowardly move, and what does it take to get to that point.

11. RockyHill

I honestly just meant those things as random examples for kids that were totally unrelated to Butch. After re-reading i realized it could easily be interpreted either way.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

My assumption is that Hurd, after being misused and abused for the past 2 years, was dinged up and then took that head shot in the UGA game....then a wise agent probably pointed out that once TN was officially out of the National Championship picture with the b2b losses, that Jalen ought to look out for his own future instead of Butch's

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

**** quitters. Doesn't matter the reason.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Quitting on your team is always wrong.

Hurd knew what he was signing onto, and who he was signing up with.

And if he didn't know, then he should've known.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep, if that son of a [itch bay] can't make the right decision in high school then he should spend the next four years of his life dealing with it and we should all call him an asshole with virtually no information about what happened. Life isn't fair, you *****.

16. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

Before we start blasting a kid for quitting, has it been confirmed?

17. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

OK Hyams, if you're not ready to blast a kid over message board rumors and twitter gossip, gtfo. Not a true fan, imo.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hyams just said, on Nashville radio, Hurd could have played but didn't and he needs to "get with the program or leave".

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He hasn't quit yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play again.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hard for me to blame him for quitting when I'm not sure I plan to watch another game this season.