Latest Star Wars Trailer. Now inhabited by Seinfeldians.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Volguy1971, Oct 19, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am beginning to suspect that the Sith is/sorta is Skywalker. Which would either be awesome or feel terribly cheap, depending on execution. Not sure that he's the guy with the 3-bladed lightsaber, could be the unseen master (always two, blah blah).

I say "sorta is" because it is possible that due to being the last Jedi by the end of RotJ, he may have some duality in terms of light/dark side. Maybe the way the last Jedi brings balance to the force is by having an ass hole or bad boy streak. Maybe like training an apprentice who you know isn't a very good person.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

By the way, while not as good as the original trilogy, Episode 1 and Episode 2 were transformative and a solid installment to the series. That's my unpopular opinion. Episode 3 was predictable and practically wrote itself. Not as strong. JMHO.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

no idea

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Major League.

Cleveland still has a baseball team?

Yeah. We have uniforms and everything. It's great.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I have found it odd that Luke hasn't been seen in any of the trailers.......as far as I can tell.

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Han and Luke will be sacrificial lambs and Leah and daughter will use for the force to revenge.

That's Hollywood.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't disagree re: 1 and 2 overall, it was the trees, more than the forest, that diminish those for me.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

His hand

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Without the OT as a reference point they are considerably worse

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

nice.

just a bit outside.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Could explain his absence on the poster.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He was in the one released last night.

14. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Oversight on my part then. Not sure how I missed it.

15. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I could see Anakin's spirit speaking to him and then he becomes obsessed with keeping balance and falling toward the dark side.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no it was not.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He's the one that reaches out and touches R2D2. Don't see his face, but it's him.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well most fans of the series disagree with you as do most critics. 80% rotten tomatoes score.

19. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Agree, except that my take on bringing balance to the force (which was a prophesy relating to Anakin), was that prior to Anakin going dark side, there were many Jedi, but only two Sith. After Darth Vader destroyed all the Jedi, there were two Sith, and two Jedi.

Vader actually did bring balance to the force, in that respect. There have always been force sensitive individuals, but of those, only a finite group devoted to either the dark side or the light side.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Droski once told me I was wrong when I said I'd rather live in Tennessee than LA, so tifwiw