Lebroning

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Jun 7, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I believe you were the one that started the personal attack, I simply retorted. You and Jay lumped yourself in to the moron crowd by bringing up flopping, which again, doesn't have a damn thing to do with what happened in game one.

3. GahLee

Haven't been there yet, 3rd shift and 15 hour work days are getting the best of me, I'll admit that.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wrong again.

Seriously. Try to grasp this first. Me explaining this doesn't mean I support it in this particular instance.

If someone has been seen obviously faking as if he were hurt/impacted in a sporting event and had actually built up some notoriety in that regard, do you not think that same someone is likely to get a higher level of suspicion when a vague, injury like cramping occurs?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  5. GahLee

Sure about that?

6. JayVols

You #getit too.

7. GahLee

Let's take a walk in to the football forum, where JayVols explains everything ever about football. Hypocrisy.

8. GahLee

Selling a foul and cramping aren't the same thing. I know what you are saying, and if he had left the game because of a phantom elbow or what have you, I'd be right there with you. But cramps are cramps. He wasn't faking it.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How do you know he wasn't faking the severity? You can read his mind? You are telling me a guy that has completely disappeared in playoff series in the past because he was acting like a [itch bay] is incapable of faking the severity of an injury?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I could, quite easily, fake cramps. It would be one of the easier injuries to fake, because you can get it any time, with no readily apparent cause. I don't think he did it, because there would be no benefit to him doing it. As it stands, people are having a lot of fun pretending the guy that irritates them so much by faking is now, in fact, faking.

11. GahLee

Aren't you the guy saying LeBron cares about his public image more than anything? If that's the case, why would he purposely lay down in the Finals knowing the kind of backlash he'd receive? It's beyond apparent that he was cramping, suggesting otherwise is ridiculous.

12. GahLee

And those people are stupid.

13. I don't know that anyone has really accused him of actually faking the cramps. What people are mocking is the fact that he had his teammates carry him off the floor.

14. GahLee

Which goes back to his "easiest target" comment.

15. It's not like he's been singled out though. People mocked Paul Pierce when he got wheeled into the tunnel a few years ago only to run right back onto the court a couple minutes later as if he were fine.

16. GahLee

How different are those scenarios? Paul was wheeled in to the locker room and then he returned and he seemed perfectly fine. LeBron didn't return to the game, so it's not like he played up the injury, returned and started hitting daggers. He cramped. He left the game. He didn't return. Sounds as legit as it gets.

17. JayVols

I can do that.

Of course, you'll think you know more, so let's just stay here.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You know what else is dumb? The last 3 pages of this thread. Like a bunch of old ladies.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm sure this will correct course.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Old ladies gonna old lady.