Locker Room Post Vandy Win...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Nov 21, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Don't get me wrong, I understand the excitement but if you didn't know any better you would have thought they just won the National Championship.

[video=youtube;nf3WdCLsKkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf3WdCLsKkQ[/video]

Pay attention around the 1:50 mark...

"The last thing I want to remind you, is that the one thing Tennessee always does is kicks the shit out of Vandy...." - Dooley

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kiffin had UGA, Dooley has Vandy.

I think that sums up the difference between the two.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don't really mind. Let the seniors go out happy. As long as we don't tolerate crappy football next year, I can get past this.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was mean.

I'm skeptical of Dooley and his staff's ability to ever win anything big here, but that game Saturday kind of showed what Tennessee is doing.

Randolph (true freshman), Maggitt (true freshman), Jordan Williams (true freshman) and Eric Gordon (RS sophomore) all made plays and were key parts to Tennessee's win on D.

On the offensive side, Bray (sophomore with a bum thumb), Neal (sophomore) and Da'Rick (sophomore) made the most plays on offense.

This game, as poorly officiated and coached as it was, showed what the young guys can do. IF they take the step they're expected to take, Tennessee has a damn good shot of winning the East for two more years. I know it's a dead horse being beaten on, but the talent is there. It's all on Dooley and the staff now.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm talking about the big celebration after beating Vanderbilt at home. I probably could have thought of a better way to say that.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you've ever been on a crappy team, suddenly any win is exciting. There's a big difference in being on the team and being a fan. No shame in celebrating.

I'm pretty much in agreement with groves though.

7. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I agree that Tennessee should always be at a point where it expects to beat Vandy. After this shitty year, I was excited to get a victory. I have been disappointed in the coaching this year, but I think everyone knew that Dooley would struggle to overcome losing to Vandy. They couldn't lose games like that and expect to come out and win 9 games next year.

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I am still skeptical that they can win like everyone expects them to without a victory on any merit this year.

9. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I am still skeptical that they can win like everyone expects them to without a victory of any merit this year.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Weeks of frustration being let loose there. I am cool with it.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me too but a few completions to Hunter against either UGA or USCe would have made a huge difference in those ball games. I get pissed at the multiple alignment issues every game, the time outs being spent early and often and some of the offensive playcalling. That's not really a talent issue.

However, the way the offense was running the first 3 games makes me entirely too optimistic for next season.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I agree. Even though it's young, the talent is there. I've said all along that next year is time for evaluation.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Have no problem with it. Work too hard for wins not to be able to enjoy them...even if against Vandy. Just hope to see them celebrating a lot more frequently moving forward.

14. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

Those kids have had ten tons of bricks on them for two months. Good to see them enjoy one. Pressure valve lifted.

And a coach who's lost his team does not get tossed in the air.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And those seniors have been through more than they ever expected here.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I feel the same way. It is also some sort of a step in the right direction with beating a team that you were technically an underdog to.

17. BeachVol

BeachVol New Member

Exactly, Its been a tough season and there was tremendous pressure to win this game,I would be more alarmed if they didn't cut loose.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It's been a rough season, it's senior night, and they won on the last damn play of the game. Let them go crazy. Disappoint that it took one post for Kiffin to be mentioned.

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This is not half as big of a deal as anybody from Vandy or UT is making it out to be. This happens every week.
    A side note- I live near Nashville, and I am so sick and tired of the jackass Franklin writing checks with his bulldog mouth that his wiener dog ass cant cash. (Also tired of the Nashville media's ass kissing of Franklin) Clay Travis needs some kneepads.

20. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Personally I loved it! This team/coaches need things to celebrate about, and they had all the right to do so. Locker room speech should never be taken personal... Also, that was a lot more G-rated than I thought it would be.