Lord Stanley's Cup

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Apr 16, 2014.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Goodness. Losing 7-2 is a brutal start to the series

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Price was apparently injured, now out the rest of the series. Good luck to the Rangers in the next round. I'm not making excuses, but there is no doubt who is the better team when Price isn't on the ice. JMO.

And I don't think it was necessarily a dirty hit. I do not subscribe to the idea that a player is under obligation to soften the impact when he was technically maneuvered into the other player by the opposing team.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you think the habs are hands down the better team? I think the Rangers can flat out play and can dominate some puck time when need be.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it was a push with Price. Without him, obviously it must be the Rangers.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Solid start in the net for Rangers.

6. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Injury is unfortunate, but if Emelin hadn't dove at him he wouldn't have crashed where he did, and the rest is bad luck.

Rangers have a knack for being made to look foolish by new goalies, hoping that trend ceases tonight.

7. Joseph Brant

Pretty obvious thing to say, but there's a tremendous advantage to filling your bottom 6 with grinders who can play a bit as opposed to lugnuts

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

This game has heart breaker written all over it.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Or...could turn the tide.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Geez, though. Even tonight the Habs look outmatched. The Rangers are skating faster than a team who has built their identity on being fast.

I mean, I don't know. Unless they pull the next one out as well, it is hard to imagine winning 3 in a row against the wall.

11. fl0at_

I didn't get to watch tonight, but the Habs looked fast enough in game 2. Might have been some desperation skating, but they attacked the net with vigor and regularity.

12. Joseph Brant

Great game, I'm happy NYR didn't pout when things looked bleak, they've been prone to doing that. Still have to be reasonably confident at this point, but it can fall apart fast.

Prust has a hearing with the league today for blowing up Stepan

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

when I wrote that, I didn't know, but it definitely feels like the tide turned after that quick OT.

14. Joseph Brant

Stepan highly doubtful, but Brassard will be back. Hoping to see JT Miller dress and see some time, he's raw but has a good bit of flash

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Flash is what is needed to right the ship. Hope the rawness undermines it. Hope for a cleaner series, too.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I have a hard time thinking anyone is beating the Kings. They get behind by a goal, or a game, then more often than not they flip a switch and look unbeatable. It's pretty amazing to watch

17. Joseph Brant

What a nailbiter. Rangers gave Montreal plenty of chances, I honestly felt like it was an inevitable loss from about 35:00 on.

Tokarski had a good showing for himself again, all 3 goals were more or less uncontested by the Habs defensemen. I want this done Tuesday

18. fl0at_

It felt like a loss.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Habs didn't look sharp at all. Tokarski playing at an all-pro level is the only thing that made it competitive. Gotta win 3 in a row now. Yet I feel like it isn't impossible, given how terrible they've been playing.

20. Joseph Brant

Good luck tonight scribbly, I don't want this to go back to Broadway. As much as it sucks that you haven't had all hands on deck, Tokarski hasn't been the issue. LGR