Madden 13 Franchise- Where The Players Play.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jewbaccah, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Benji Grissom

Benji Grissom New Member

I'll take Indy if no one ends up using the Titans.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Updated. 6 spots left. 2 in AFC east. 1 AFC west. 1 in NFC West, North and South.

3. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

5. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

Just got done creating an ea game face, ea finally made this an easy process. Takes about 6-9 minutes with a smart phone and your computer. I was planning on creating Ron Swanson as my head coach but I think I'll roll with myself after seeing how accurate the face is, really entertaining.

Game Face Overview | EA SPORTS

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

7. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

DayDay has selected the Falcons.

8. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

Filling up fast now that we are a little over a week from release. Two weeks from the CC going live!

9. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

Twofootonion - Packers

Another division closed.

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

updated

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Updated.

12. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

I want to get a gauge on frequency of advances. I think Tues, Thurs, Sunday advances could work. Gotta remember 17 weeks plus four weeks of playoffs. Free agency is one night and draft is another. (Can gauge the off season better after trying it out the first week before the CC starts). Thoughts, as we await the final three spots in the league await to be filled?

13. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

Early Monday morning was suggested instead of Sunday which makes sense. Considering I'll be blitzed at Browns Stadium (untill Haslam changes the name) for eight Sundays during the season. So it's proposed Tues, Thurs, Monday Am. (Keep in mind we are aware this is a grown ups league and are flexible but it's also the NFL so losses aren't as sensitive as NCAA)

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

wait................you talking about 3 games a week? Im not sure I can commit to that

15. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I think 2 is more realistic but if we get three awesome.

16. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

2 is doable, but 3 hard advances might be too much for me.

17. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

This is why we pose it to everybody so expectations are set. I'm open to two with a possible quick advance when everyone is ready. Brian "twofootonion" mentioned three felt like a job but as a co-commish I know it's easier to set expectations to three advances and then slow it down for people than set it at two and have people dragging behind and others yelling for simming. We get some leayway with losses not meaning as much in the NFL but pressure with a 16 person league. (which is why we're discussing close to two weeks before the start)

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I think two "hard" advances and maybe one "soft" advance. I concur with both Al and BearCat. We have to have some hard advances or league will stagnate. Simming a CPU game is not a big deal if someone goes out of town etc. This is not NCAA a loss is not as drastic. Three hard advances however will likely lead to many sims. Two hard advances is very doable and a soft advance or wishful goal might be better. It is also leaves room for human vs human delays. For Example, lets say I need to play Vollball our schedules do not match until Wednesday but Tuesday is an advance day. I would propose if league waits till Wednesday to get in a Human vs. Human game then Sunday becomes a hard advance unless we happen to get done again by Thursday under Al's schedule. It is kinda like rain days in a school schedule. We are guaranteed the two advances a week that way but do not make it like a job to play While still allowing us to get three in on weeks when schedules just work out.

Am I making any sense?

19. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

Makes sense to me. Sounds like a rolling advance date every two to three days.

I just want to get as much of the administrative stuff agreed upon as we can. This way we can spend the first four days after the release tweaking sliders and game game settings.

20. Al DePantzue

Al DePantzue New Member

Might have another taker for the league, I'll let you know if he commits later. Good guy, he played OL in college so another knowledgeable player.