May be gone awhile.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, May 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MWR

MWR Contributor

Be careful Randy. Since they plan on putting a lot of metal in your back, things could get serious. If the price of scrap iron goes up, your wife may catch you asleep and haul you to the scrapyard for whatever she can get out of you, per lbs.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Love it.

Reminds me of my Papaw. Before he died he had a wooden leg, a plastic tube for an aorta, a pig valve and some false teeth. He told my Mamaw that when the time came for him to die, to not have a funeral but to stuff him in the blue recycle bin and push him to the road.

God I miss that man.

3. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

Prayers rb. I'm certain you'll come through with flying colors. Was at Buzzards Bluff recently and thought of you.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Go kick some medical ass and come back soon and play us some tunes.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

On the way over about ten miles from Winston-Salem I got a call from the surgeons office saying insurance has declined coverage. Well here it is 7:15am day of surgery, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield is still keeping us in limbo. I have found out they have been studying this since 5/22. There was an initial approval on 5/19, but some doctor who is too sorry to practice actual medicine and works for BC/BS trying to turn down her quota for the month has been waiting until the day before surgery to turn it down. The best explanation I can get is she doesn't know the procedure and how it can help me. I know her name, and very soon she is going to know me a hell of a lot better than she would like. My doctor has cancelled surgery pending the decision of BC/BS. So here we sit not sure if we should stay or drive three hours back home. We have two dogs in the kennel to consider. Anyone know a dependable hitman?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Unreal. Give them hell RB

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ugh.

Give 'em hell, RB.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm so sorry my friend. I know what you're going through with the insurance. Give 'em hell. Burn everything down around those pencil-pushing worthless bureaucrats. Let me know if you need anything.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Whatever you do, don't order a hitman from the wet work section.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Unbelievable. Keep fighting, rb.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That's nuts. The day of?? Good luck RB.

12. JayVols

Insurance companies notoriously suck.

13. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

I don't understand how insurance companies can continue to screw with peoples lives with impunity. I hate those bastards.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

What, do they think you are signing up for metal to be inserted in your back for fun? or that your doctor is a young Frankenstein?

15. JayVols

They love taking your premiums but are tighter than a frog's butt when you need them to pay. There has to be some recourse. There's zero competition, they can control their profits & we have little to no recourse. There's nothing capitalistic about the system. Both sides enter into a contract. If we don't get sick, we can't stop paying and keep coverage or get our money back. Yet, when we need them, they hide behind "doctors" on their own payroll that have never laid eyes on you to keep from paying. Those "doctors" are in direct violation of their Hippocratic Oath, and the behavior of their employers is nothing short of criminal. Insurance is a gamble on both sides. Don't play the game if you're not prepared to lose.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  16. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I think this probably merits an all out 8th Maxim assault on Blue Cross Blue Shield. As the kid who screwed with Jaden during the contest back in the day learned, we're not the nicest guys when presented with ignorance or injustice.

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

To bring you up to speed, my best interpretation of the doctor's reason for declining coverage is being uneducated about my doctor's procedure. He is the only one doing it, and he has only done eleven. She needs to get up to date. She has never called back since Thurs pm.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Good to see our insurance dollars are being used to hire very dedicated professionals.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ignorance is never an excuse. Especially in this matter.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I could almost excuse ignorance if she would admit it and say I need to get an informed person involved.