merge w the continuing dooley hotseat threads

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Dick Huffman, Oct 12, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just hope it isn't a trap.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It is my only hope. So help us, Obi Gruden.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

For the next 30 minutes I'll be going back to being a Doo-right! Its 7:17 pm

4. Oldvol75

I'm over it now.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lasted 34 minutes

6. Oldvol75

Just gave myself extra time just in case.

7. Oldvol75

His tag-team partner helped train me when I wrestled.

8. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

One of my favs when I was younger, especially when he was with Shiek

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Dude over on TOOS is saying basically the same thing that Huffman is saying about Bama and SC.

11. Oldvol75

More and more people seem to be hearing the same thing now. Either they're hearing from the same sources or its gaining a lot of legs and beginning to be leaked.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I can see an Alabama win saving his job, but South Carolina might limp back into Columbia with 2-losses by the time we play them. It'd be a good win, but not over a top 10 team at that point.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

If that's the case he's as good as gone. Does that mean during or after the season though?

14. lakindofguy

lakindofguy New Member

Tubberville beating WV 14-0. There's not a better coach vs top 5 teams. We seem to get a lot of those.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

WV looked lost today. They've traveled to Texas 2 weeks in a row now right?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Depends on a lot of things. If the AD feels there is someone on staff who could function as an interim, I think it happens before the end of the season.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I have no idea as to when it's "officially" announced, but we're I Hart, it wouldn't be until I was within 72-96 hours of naming his replacement, and it'd be after - or very near - the end of the season. You're already going to pay him his buyout, regardless, and once the world knows that he's gone....you're on the clock, and the world is watching and questioning everything you do as you attempt to find the next guy.

As long as Dooley is in place, officially, Hart has the easiest means of deflecting any inquiry as to his plans by simply saying, "We have a coach in place, currently, and there's nothing to talk about."

And as I said earlier in the Gruden thread - a coach doesn't have to be "officially" fired, but merely told informally, before Hart can begin to talk to others, and they with him, and in good conscience.

18. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Well, one thing is for certain - barring a miracle, Dooley won't be able to sit down to relax his hip if something doent change in this game. That seat will be nothing but ashes.