Message Boards = the death of recruiting

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Funny stuff over at the other place.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

5-7 has nothing to do with it.

3. Beechervol

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You can either recruit, or you can't. You can either coach, or you can't. It's pretty simple.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The finger has to be pointed somewhere right?!? My two cents on the matter is if a recruit is letting message board chatter play a factor in his decision then his head is not properly screwed on. Not saying it doesn't happen, but really?

6. Beechervol

You mean volfanjo and his negative Dooley posts don't push away a recruit that has no idea who you are?

7. Beechervol

volfanjo has the perfect name for my point.

8. Beechervol

Some more gems.

9. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

They are just fed a line, then they run with it. Incredible.

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I don't think people that complain aren't true fans. I just want us all to realize what you say here matters. I participated in the How many wins poll and I am part of the problem because I said 8 regular season wins. I am certain that poll made it in front of a recruit of ours.

No way this is serious.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Pj right in the middle of it.......color me shocked. This is just more excuses for the current staff and the sheep that still think Dooley has a clue.

12. Beechervol

VN bring it down by itself.

13. Beechervol

For the record.

I think Dooley has recruited well considering.

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Considering the fact that he couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag, yes, I think he had done a decent job recruiting. For being complete shit on the field and possibly being able to reel in a top 15 class again this year is a miracle IMO.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Beech, what did you mean by name being the perfect name fir your point? (I'm mobile and it won't let me quote you, sorry).

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Shocker.

17. Beechervol

volfanjo that you don't know and never heard of is sway recruits with the negative Dooley remarks.

Been better if you was volfanjoe. But its close enough to work.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Good thing education plays no role... Dude has no idea there is a "they're" in this, or any language.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a little known fact that only Tennessee has forums that are not always 100 % positive, and teams with fan forums that struggle never turn it around.

20. WM

WM Active Member

Noticed a newer poster over there with a username similar to BVP's who is your classic Vols football/UK basketball fan. The fact he isn't getting a ton of shit for that faggotry saddens me.