POLITICS Michael Cohen Testifies

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Weisberg (sp), the Trump CFO, in his Grand Jury testimony, is the corroborating witness as to the reimbursement to Cohen being made in monthly installments for purposes of disguising the $130k reimbursement as monthly "services". Weisberg received limited immunity for his Grand Jury testimony.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And how do you tie that check to Stormy like many and the media is doing?

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Testimony and the tapes. It's whether or not you believe circumstantial evidence and Michael Cohen. It's clear a lot of folks don't at this point

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Because Cohen said so. Either you believe him or you don't. Perhaps there were other corroborating evidence (I didn't watch 10 hours of that crap).

Now, I am on record as saying use eyewitness testimony at your own peril. Nothing I have seen or heard can be used to bring Trump down, but he was listed as a un-indicted co-conspirator already, and thus some DA somewhere thinks there is enough evidence.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And to be clear; I don't doubt Cohen paid Stormy and Trump paid Cohen. Just wondering how the check proves this.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I believe Daniels and lawyer claimed that Cohen made the initial payment to her as well, so it at least fits with that.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The SDNY in their court filing on Cohen.
    Prosecutors have the corroborating proof that Trump reimbursed Cohen for the $130k or they would not have named him (Trump) as a co-conspirator.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't think anyone does, and that's one of the reasons for the rush to accept what Cohen presented as a smoking gun by some.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm sure, but i still think the vast majority of rich people have too much to lose to bother breaking the law.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Is this logic your reason for saying they have hard evidence, or has NY provided some sort of detail?

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

SDNY has said it's a felony. Individual 1 is Trump (unindicted co-conspirator). They have the receipts to prove the crime otherwise Cohen wouldn't have been charged & pleaded guilty. Plus, CFO Alan Weisselberg has limited immunity. He couldn't plead the 5th due to that.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I guess Cohen should have asked for a receipt from Stormy to make the transaction complete.

justingroves likes this.
  13. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Pardon my ignorance as I am apparently not up to speed on all of this. Has SDNY provided all their evidence to the House or is this essentially the House doing their own investigation? If they have not provided all their evidence, why not if this is such a clear case of fraud and Cohen has already pled guilty?

14. JayVols

Read the actual plea from SDNY for yourself. You'll have your answers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is not me talking. This is the US Justice Dept via SDNY. Trump's Justice Dept. Here's a link that contains a pdf link to the entire legal document:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/jamie-dupr...ael-cohen-guilty-plea/0ZjPxfJkuUqPiMYEgyKTFM/

If you still don't believe that, then you just don't want to believe Trump's guilty of anything.

Poppa T likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I could be mistaken, but this is an ongoing investigation by the SDNY and the House does not have access to their records. This is the House's own investigation, as I take it, since a sitting President is basically un-indictable.

16. JayVols

Read the Cohen legal documents from SDNY (posted a site with pdf link). All the answers to every point you're bringing up are there.

17. JayVols

Read the SDNY documents.

18. JayVols

SDNY has it in Cohen's plea. DoJ can't include anything in these documents without proof. That's the law.

emainvol likes this.
  19. JayVols

They actually inflated the repayments to account for tax. According to SDNY & backed up by Cohen's testimony Wednesday.

Poppa T likes this.
  20. JayVols

Read what the SDNY says in Cohen's plea.

They know.