Missouri

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Butthole, Nov 19, 2019.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Pruitt has learned that you don't play with fire when JG is the man under center. His instincts are so bad that you don't leave anything to chance.

TDVol1989, NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes not straightline fast, but shiftier than people assume. Hoops background helps

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m still not sure whether we were confused or just overly conservative. Has anyone asked Pruitt about that sequence?

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Meh, a fade route to Calloway.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Chavis, JG is just as likely to scramble and run out the clock as he is throwing to the called route. God bless him but his instincts are bad.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Mismanagement of timeouts kept us from taking a shot. Should have spiked the ball after the first down instead of taking a time out

AbeFroman, Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looked to me like we were gonna take another shot coming off change of possession, but Mizzou was in somewhat of a prevent. Imo, pruitt saw this, knew the playcall and pictured JG with a bad turnover, changing momentum and mizzou getting the ball first in 2nd half, and decided to make sure it didnt happen, called a timeout. Then we gained 10 yards so back in attack mode.
    Wasnt ideal, but 38 seconds and 3 points will work.

IP likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This was kind of what it looked like to me. I thought to myself that he wanted to change direction. I thought to myself it was a Fulmerish move.

9. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Yes and you can add that smirky slimy sob i'm smarter than the world look he had after the wide out td pass - total dipshit - i'm glad he's got his safe place at Misouri

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't safe, his ass won't last.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From our guy David Ubben of The Athletic:

“If Saturday felt a lot like the Auburn win last year, that’s because it was. Missouri loves to play man defense in the secondary, and Tennessee showed up and said, “Our guys are better than yours.” It proceeded to prove it for 60 minutes.

Through 10 games this season, Tennessee threw the ball 15 yards downfield just 85 times, according to Sports Info Solutions. Against Missouri, the Vols threw it at least 15 yards downfield 19 times. That’s a staggering number, and for good reason. It was working.”

Completed 10 of those 19 for 232 yards.

Amazing stat right there.

Link: https://theathletic.com/1407290/2019/11/25/tennessee-vols-takeaways-win-missouri-jarrett-guarantano/

smokysbark and JT5 like this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Whoa.WHOA! W H O A!

You change the way you play to exploit the other team's weaknesses? WTF KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS?

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I actually mumbled to myself one time we recycled the 18 Auburn game plan.......and then remembered it was a different OC.

I haven't read that article yet and it may say, but I'd like to know how many times we threw at 21. He had no chance most of the night.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My favorite was when 21 went into complaining mode on the Callaway TD before Callaway had actually caught the ball.

justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

If we threw downfield 19 times, 10 were on him, and I think he broke up 1, maybe 2.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That was about as close to I’ve ever come to feeling sorry for a healthy opposing player. We were straight picking on that kid.

If that was little league his momma would’ve already hopped the fence.

hohenfelsvol and Memtownvol like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Poor #18 tried to tackle Jennings twice on his touchdown catch....failed both times

18. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Missouri's performance seriously reminded me of watching a dooley coached Tennessee team.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

So did Dooley just suck the life out of Kelly Bryant? I can't say my memory of 2017 is as clear as it needs to be, but I remember a much better quarterback then than what I saw Saturday.

[​IMG]

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Instead of going over game film, he had Bryant busy having Dooley show him how to properly carve a turkey, proper way to button his shirt (bottom up, not top down, duh), correct folding of his socks and the only authorized way to back a car into a parking spot.