Mizzou Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Who the [uck fay] is arguing about who gets credit for last year? Who cares. It was a badass, fast offense with NFL weapons and a qb playing out of his mind with great coaching and Playcalling.
    And I have to say, the arguments against Milton go above and beyond his issues. Nobody said anything about a drivers seat at halftime.
    Any year in the bama game, if we have a qb going for 280 yards at almost 70% completion rate and rushing for another 50, we would have taken it every time. Those were Milton’s stats for the game. You act like he was 5-15 for 50 yards and 2 ints.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't have played Milton again after APSU. I understand not benching him since you only have two scholarship qbs and Ollie Lane starting on the line too.

Dooley's best coaching decision was letting Simms get broken every week until the schedule lightened up and the oline gelled. He rolled Bray out afterwards and went bowling.

The oline this year has stayed beat up this year, so you can't really do that

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Uh, the people in this thread who were discussing the ceiling for our coach? Don’t read half of the conversation, chime in on individual, very specific points, and then act like the conversation doesn’t make sense. There’s a reason you don’t get it.

There are two ways to have your QB throw for 70%. Either he’s just really good and plays really well, or you run easy, high percentage pass plays the entire game with very minimal risks. We’ve done the latter every single time Milton has looked good this year, and it’s how we get through 3 quarters against Mizzou feeling like Milton is playing well, but then see that we only have 7 points on the board.

And again, doing that when your QB needs it isn’t a bad thing from a coaching perspective. It shows Heupel knows what needs to be done to prevent Milton’s wheels from falling off. But it only makes sense to do that if you don’t have a better option sitting behind him.

4. Ssmiff

I need to see the posts where people are arguing if Hooker or Heupel gets more credit for last year.
    I can pretty much assume they don’t exist except you arguing with yourself page after page when nobody else is arguing about it.

5. Ssmiff

And if there’s one person here who “doesnt get it”, it ain’t me pal

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Honestly feels like the best possible time to do it might have been halftime of the UF game. We were god awful in the first half, and we looked like the far superior team in the 2nd. Might have springboarded Nico into the starting role. Maybe he even pulls out the W, though the refs were making it very hard on us.

But I still don’t hate that Milton got his season. Kids should be rewarded for sticking it out. It’s a good trait.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Buddy, they are in this [uck fay]ing thread, what do you want from me?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sure thing, man. Tell me more about how a 70% completion percentage is always good, no matter what, even when you’re not scoring any TDs.

9. Ssmiff

again, something else never said. Go argue with yourself about shit that’s not posted

10. Ssmiff

what posters argued last year was either all Heupel or all Hooker? Whoever it was knows less than you.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re like a child. Here, let me spoon feed you:

12. Ssmiff

I don’t really believe pilot believes Hooker and company were non factors and any player in their spot gets the same results

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

First the post didn’t exist. Then you weren’t gonna go find it. Now you don’t believe what it says. (And you’re agreeing with me)

How fun has this been?

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Of course it takes talent to win.

Heupel is also in the top 5 of offensive minds in college ball right now too.

This really isn’t that hard. Heupel is getting about as much as you could expect out of this team.

We have leadership and vision on the Hill again, and we’re building and investing to be serious in athletics again. So, I don’t think last year was just a flash in the pan. But we’re still not their depth and talent wise yet to sustain it.

SetVol13 and Memtownvol like this.
  15. Ssmiff

you said posters were debating if Hooker gets any credit or not and still haven’t seen it. I see one post saying Heupel gets credit. Well no shit. It wasn’t 5* players or like Dobbs and company making plays despite him.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Guess I'm going to have to put Indy back on block. So exhausting.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do it. No one cares.

Edit: I can’t imagine being an adult male and blocking someone on an internet sports message board. Beyond that, I REALLY can’t imagine posting about it before or as I’m doing it. Or claiming that pressing a few buttons on a phone is “exhausting.” That’s just special.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Posters were discussing Heupel, whose success with the Vols thus far is currently 100% based on last season. That led to a conversation about who deserved what degree of credit for last year.

And you’d know this if you weren’t doing the exact same stupid thing you did earlier - trying to comment on one specific piece of a greater discussion that you weren’t a part of and never read. This is just you, at this point.

19. Ssmiff

Yeah Indy, it’s me. I’m the one who argues with 10 different posters and insists it’s always them.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think the top 5 mind thing was an easy sell after last year. I’m not sure any non Vol fan would agree with you right now, based on how bad our offense has been this season.

Personally, I’m wondering how much of an impact Golesh leaving is having. I’m hoping that Nico playing and a number of players being more experienced will correct the course next year. We will see.