Mizzou

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volsdude, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Honored to start a game thread, let’s give these nerds the business.

In actuality I keep wanting to watch them and conclude they suck, but they actually look solid.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hopefully they shot their wad today

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Looks as if you get pressure on cook he starts to press.

All I know is if we sit in the rush 4 play soft zone behind it he’s going to throw for 1000 yards.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep. But will they call any holding?

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Keep wanting to say they’re a paper tiger, but they look pretty decent, and we haven’t been great on the road. I figure they’ll be favored by around a field goal—it should be an even battle.

Game will be won and lost on whether we get to Cook, and whether Milton can keep drives alive. If we let them sit back and throw, we’ll get crushed. If we take a bunch of procedural penalties and go six drives in a row without scoring, we’ll lose by ten.

If we play our A game, we can beat them. But we haven’t seen our A game much this year, especially on the road.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel has beaten Drinkwitz by 38 and 42 in his time here

Volsdude and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No.

8. Tar Volon

This is the worst offense Heupel has had, and the best one Drinkwitz has had.

That said, let's make it 46.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I haven’t felt good about this matchup all year, despite Heupel’s success against Mizzou.

But goddam, if we win, that home game with Georgia is going to be insane. Our 14-game home win streak against their 37-game win streak…my God…

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I legitimately think the offense is rounding into form. We’re going to be able to put up points. It really just matters if we can stop them. If we man up, blitz, and say let’s go I like our chances a whole lot more than the defense we’ve thrown out post A&M, even if we did appear to step it up after the half today.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. Tar Volon

Or Ole Miss could beat them and it could be the East on the line. . .

JT5 likes this.
  12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I see no realistic scenario where Georgia loses back to back games. But, man would it be beautiful.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think it will depend heavily on whether or not Mizzou commits a live ball penalty.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wright and Sampson are going to have a day in Columbia.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just be aggressive and get the defense off the field, even if you give up a couple quick scores. Giving up long drives kill this offense and team.
    We may need to calm our DL down though as we will be punished by the QB run game if we are all upfield going for a sack. Maybe form more of a wall

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thomas and Norman-Lott pressuring up the middle helps

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I had a similar thought last night. Those guys are a real pain to account for.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't understand why people see this Missouri team as miles better than last year and not just a team with a back loaded schedule. They are better than last year but most of that was Brady Cook playing better than last year, when he was a bottom 3 QB in conference. Blitz them like crazy and make him beat you. And even then, we've obliterated them running the ball these last few years. I just feel like this is gonna be a track meet and we'll be more balanced and unpredictable on offense. Whereas yes they're strength matches up with our defensive weakness but if we hit Cook early and often, we can pull away eventually. Especially since they just laid everything out on the field vs UGA. Also, the crowd has never been an issue there, even when they're good.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Missouri was lucky to hang on against MTSU and beat Memphis by a touchdown. They struggled against LSU'S non existent defense when the game mattered.

VOLinDAWGland and InVolNerable like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They did have the ball in 4th Q yesterday with a chance to take the lead but the qb had a Guarantano moment.

A-Smith likes this.