Mizzou

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volsdude, Nov 4, 2023.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And he punts with both feet. Must be a pain to practice for.

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'd like to see him punt with both feet at the same time.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I like Vegas personally. Been 3 times and each time was more fun. I guess it depends on what you want to do. I’m not a gambler…too unlucky. But some good shows and hit the pawn shop…good restaurants. I liked it

4. TDVol1989

How ‘bout a spinning reverse kick soccer style. In theory, blocked but still might be a first

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Shit, is there a rule against Golden Retrievers playing?

TDVol1989 likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

Or Donkeys?

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Was talking to my Aussie friends about the AFL takeover of punting (for reference, Ross played in the next league below AFL. Our team MVP in my adult league was on the B team in the fifth level down), and they were genuinely shocked that he intentionally punts with both feet in game situations. Even in Australia, it’s something you practice in case you’re in a situation where you have to use your off foot, but they tend to put everything on the dominant foot.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

As mentioned it’s a combo of both feet, buying time for defense to get down and the way the ball comes off kinda floats or is like a kickoff. Ball doesn’t turn over but floats a little instead.
    Still waiting on a fake. It’s been there this year as the kid runs 4.5ish and several times could pull it and go

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

But Ross has only been here 1 year… we’ve got multiple punt returns longer than we’ve given up total yards in the Heup era. Seems like yesterday every decent SEC opponent housed a punt on us

10. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

IP likes this.
  11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Couple unrelated Mizzouish things:

1. Was reading a game preview on a Missouri blog with third down stats broken out by long/medium/short. Our D is 10th in the country defending third and short. We’re 82nd against third and medium and 47th against third and long. That…sounds about right honestly. Nice to have the eye test confirmed by numbers, even if the numbers are depressing

2. Was looking back through their old games, and I didn’t realize how deceiving that final score was in the Kentucky game. They gained less than 350 yards and kicked a lot of field goals after turnovers and 10-yard drives.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, at least call it the Heupening.

[​IMG]

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Special teams under Fulmer was abysmal and that continued throughout Dooley's tenure. For all the bad things about Butch Jones, he did emphasize every aspect of STs in his first few seasons.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Of course he did. Special teams is a critical area for creating momentum plays in situational football situations. You can’t overstate the criticality of just how critical specialized teams were in Team 119’s pursuit of a life championship.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is cruel. You're an evil person.

Memtownvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fixed it

A-Smith likes this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We're gonna win out

Attached Files:

utvol0427, A-Smith, IP and 1 other person like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. TDVol1989

West Davenport??? Gonna ride that Donkey Donkey! I have the t shirt