Mizzou

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volsdude, Nov 4, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can understand not feeling great about Mizzou but I can’t imagine feeling better about Georgia

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If their best wr is actually out I feel a bit better but this team on the road is dogshit so I expect an L.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, I feel like any coach with a half way decent QB should be able to figure out how to burn us time and time and time again with the slants and quick throws on our soft zone. I have PTSD from too many mediocre QBs, like Leary and Rattler, carving us up to not be concerned.

Georgia is house money. Of course, I felt this way last year with the Kentucky game right before the Georgia matchup and look how we drilled the Wildcats.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

I think they’ve gotten more of a handle on how to call the offense, it’s all gotten better, Mays is back, receivers are catching the ball, on top of running the hell out of the ball. I still think they’re going to leave some points on the field that they didn’t with Hooker.

I do not trust the defensive coordinator.

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

34-27 Tennessee. Should be able to control the line of scrimmage. Mizzou played better last week than I expected, but I still think they’re a bit of a paper tiger.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I sort of think the “dogshit on the road” thing is tired. We played our best half of the season at Bama (I know) and then played pretty well at UK. Gainesville is Gainesville and that was a long time ago as far as where the team was

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just realized last night that the wife booked our flight to Vegas at 3pm. So that sucks.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Vegas sucks, too. Double whammy.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We're a much better team at home, and I've felt all year we'll play GA really tough. It's all feels with me, though.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We're only starting there before hitting up the National Parks.

Poppa T and A-Smith like this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Which ones?

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Have a great time.

Indy likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a Nuclear Winter.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches. Might be more. Making a stop in Salt Lake City as well. The wife put the whole itinerary together, so I’m going off what I remember.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Unsolicited opinion warning. The first three are awesome. Zion deserves the most time out of the three. Arches is ok but it’s a long way over there for what it is IMO. if you had time to keep going north out of SLC you could go to Teton, Yellowstone and all the way to Glacier (If it’s still open.) Very worth the drive but you’d probably need another week or two.

89 through Utah and Wyoming is an impressive route.I’d like to take a trip like this again. Went in 2004.

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Just curious. We have friends that have visited various National Parks out west in the last year. They said they had to get reservations just to enter some and had to alter their itinerary based on availability.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Love Utah. Never been outside of ski season though.

I know The Red Iguana is a tourist trap at this point, but it’s friggin’ delicious

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I have never been a fan of Mizzou in the SEC. I hope our boys wear them out.

VOLinDAWGland and justingroves like this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

SetVol13, Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.