Most Dangerous Toys of Your Youth

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volinbham, Oct 5, 2011.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I know what you are talking about.................the name escapes me though

2. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

Lawn darts
    BB Gun
    bottle rockets

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Big Wheel?

4. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

no, what he's talking about doesn't have pedals, to get moving from a stand still you just started moving the handlebars from left to right. For a second I thought he was talking about a Green Machine.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You've got it. They came in blue and red.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I got to put a few mailboxes back up for using those things.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That was like watching a metal shanty explode in Afghanistan on a smaller scale.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We had neighbors that decided to remodel. They left a toilet at the end of the cul-de-sac. There was porcelain shrapnel on at least three roofs in the neighborhood.

That got me an ass beating.

9. Beechervol

I can imagine. Innocent bystanders involved.

10. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

When I was at UT, living in Hess Hall, a couple of times I went into a stall next to one being occupied by someone taking a crap and lit one on the toilet. I can promise that will make you shit. What an echo.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Found it. Not sure if this is the exact brand, but it's pretty much the same thing.

Mason Corporation - Flying Turtle

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i had one. it was red. my bro and i used to get going pretty fast. still have the scar on my leg to prove it.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Johnny Space Commander Suit.
    Bag 'o Glass
    Bag 'o Vipers.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

My four wheeler was incredibly dangerous with me behind the handlebars. After being careful with it for one week, my dad showed me how I was "supposed" to ride a 4 wheeler. Well, even at 13, I couldn't' be outdone by my father so I kept pushing the boundaries. He even built me a track to race it on and I had jumps and everything. Flipped it over more times than I remember. Even sprained my wrist with it.

I also had a Huffy Scooter. Not the engine kind, more like those inline scooter things you see nowadays except I had like bigger tires that inflated. Basically I treated that thing like it was street luge, only standing up. My grandma's neighborhood had some giant hills and I spent almost every weekend there. I just wanted to see how fast and how much I could lean to the side through corners. I never fell off the thing... I flew off of it probably 20 times though. Our trampoline was also incredibly dangerous.

16. Beechervol

Yeah got beat up pretty bad on one. Got several beatings off of it too.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

cherry bombs

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

seriously... these things are death traps... Never been in one since they decided to use enclosures though:

14_Round_Trampoline.jpg

19. Beechervol

They sucked without that cover over the springs.

20. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Gotta give the nod to clackers. It's a wonder any of us still have wrist bones left. They were fun though.