Music City Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 4, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Y'all are lucky to have these stories, it means you at least knew the good times. Although not my earliest UT football memory, the first game that I can vividly remember in its entirety is the 2001 SECCG. So basically UT's biggest accomplishment in my conscious memory is a focking Citrus bowl win.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I ****ing hate the Titans, and don't give a single shit about them or their fans, except for however little is required to thoroughly revel in the ineptitude of their franchise and/or to mock their stupid-assed and masochistic fan base.

I hate that they came to Tennessee at all.
    I hate that they weren't called the "Nashville Titans".
    I hate that they stupidly tried to keep the Oilers name to begin with.
    I hate hearing Mike Keith call a game (although I prefer him more than Kesling, but still, would prefer nails-on-chalkboard in THX theatre surround sound to either of them).
    I hate that they didn't move up to draft Peyton (yes, they could have).
    I hate their ugly-assed color scheme, uniforms and logo.
    I hated that Eddie George not only voted for Woodson for the Heisman in '97, but practically laughed while doing so, saying he was looking out for a "fellow Big 10 guy" or some similarly stupid shit.
    I also hated that Fischer voted for Woodson, too (IIRC).
    I hated Fischer for purposefully and intentionally ****ing Tennessee out of Patrick Turner by telling a bold-faced lie in denying any interest in hiring USC's Norm Chow only a few days before NSD, so that Turner would sign with USC. And then turning around and hiring Chow a short time after NSD and Turner had signed with USC. It may not have been more than a few days afterwards, IIRC.

3. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

When the Titans are decent, they are fun to watch and follow. Here lately, not much fun.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My first game in Neyland was in 1984, and it was the last time Kentucky beat Tennessee in Knoxville.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I once kicked a bucket of light bulbs....

Old school former toos members will get that.

6. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

They're logo sucks, I'll grant you that. They could not have traded up to draft Manning, that is ridiculous.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I find them difficult to watch, and I have had season tickets since they played their first season at Vanderbilt.

They don't, and never really have, play exciting football, which by itself is OK.

I do not like their stars very much, and they are few and far between. Marriotta has potential, but it is very hard to get excited about Bishop Sankey and Jake Locker.

They've been a mediocre franchise in a 1 team division with something like 3 good teams fielded since they moved to Tennessee 20 years ago.

I go about once a year.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Now that Peyton is gone I am looking for a team. Been trying with the Packers because my wife likes them, but they picked a bad year for a drop off. I'm moving back to Tennessee soon and may give the Titans a try.

9. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I agree, they have been dreadful. I haven't watched them the past few seasons, mostly watched RedZone when I watched NFL at all. However, this season they have been pretty fun to watch, but I've seen maybe 3 or 4 games this year.

10. cotton

It didn't help that I had a rooting interest in the Colts for most of their time in Nashville, either.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My first will be here in the next 5 days and I'm not sure how I'm going to stop cursing over night.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You'll surprise yourself.

13. cotton

I just tell my kids that they can't use those ****ing words.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I stopped dipping overnight when my kid was born. Cussing should be a breeze.

15. cotton

I'm telling you, after listening to a bunch of home broadcasts since I got XM, Kesling is average or better (probably bc of Priest) at calling football and above average at basketball. The average is a lot lower than most people think.

I don't like Keith, either.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have been mocked for saying this. Think it might have been at VN but maybe a little here too. Definitely in real life. John Ward was the goat. Hard to stomach average after him.

17. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Post of the decade.

18. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Wycheck sucks too. Study some damn film, man.

19. cotton

He was terrific, and Kesling is a big fall off. But the guys calling football on the radio are generally terrible, even at most fairly serious football schools.

I'm just not sure he's that smart.

20. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Keith and Kesling are horrible.