POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Mark Rober in his AMA said he had heard from folks he worked with that had also worked with Musk, that said Musk was more technical than the technical leads.

Upon reading this, and having never heard Musk speak, I saw something pop up on YouTube about him talking about Falcon 9, low Earth orbit and rocket recovery.

So I pulled it up. And found it to be exceedingly low tech, and poorly explained.

So now I'm hesitant to listen to anything else.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I dumb down shit all the time when I'm talking to people. Not sure if Musk is as smart as he claims, but not sure if a single video is a fair assessment.

3. fl0at_

He looked like he was struggling to explain it. Now just that the explanation was being dumbed down, but that he was struggling to explain it. The hosts had to walk him back to his original train of thought. He was probably high. But, that's why I'm not going to listen to anything else. I can think he's pretty brilliant without needing to confirm it. But if it goes the other way...

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is how Trump gets voted in

warhammer likes this.
  6. fl0at_

I mean, yea... it explains why Trump beats Hillary. But it doesn't really explain why Trump beat: Kasich, Rubio, Cruz

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, I guess he couldn't find anything violent to misrepresent.

Unimane likes this.
  9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Kasich went on an eating tour instead of a campaign. Rubio drank that bottle of water. Cruz is Cruz.

10. fl0at_

Trump trumped Rubio at drinking bottles of water.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

First one was too reasonable. Second one was not salty enough. Third one is an unconvincing human impersonator.

12. fl0at_

Thing I remember most about Kasich was that he bragged about killing people at a Presidential debate. But he was getting smoked already at that point.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You are correct, but the third one would have been president if not for Trump.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember when Jim Webb did that regarding his service as a marine in Vietnam on stage at a 2016 D primary debate. Something along the lines of who is your opponent/enemy of choice, and he chose the Vietnamese soldier that lobbed a grenade at him but followed it up with "he's not around right now to talk to."

15. fl0at_

Ahhh, that was Webb. Then I don't remember Kasich doing that, because it wasn't Kasich.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya but that was under the DEMONcrat, Clinton. [uck fay]ing NAFTA, man.

emainvol likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

I dont agree with Bidens assessment that white supremacy is the biggest terror threat to America. At all. A Latino or black male or female is much more likely to be a victim of violence from one of their own race than from the tiny % of white supremacists in the country.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Those aren't terrorist acts, though, and the FBI statistics bear this out. White people are also much more likely to be victims of violence from their own race, too. So, the point isn't about being a victim of violence, but of terrorist type acts and we're not talking about simply white people, in general, as the perps, either. We're specifically talking about white supremacist organizations as committing these actions. So, Biden was on point here.

https://thehill.com/policy/national...vated-violent-extremism-makes-up-most-of-fbis

20. Ssmiff

White supremacists are a tiny fraction and a blip on the radar as far as violence in this country. Separating them out to label as terrorist group violence doesn't mean much when 99% of the violence in this country is committed by those which aren't racially motivated acts by white supremecists