POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Consumer debt is the same.

Crazy how fast the public has changed on having debt. It was basically a sin for our great grandparents, and now its just a normal part of american life.

justingroves likes this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You are correct. I think, in the public arena, people have just lost touch if where that money comes from. On the home front, it was when Bush was in office that I first realized that the population is largely viewed as a way to recycle money back up the food chain and that national debt is no concern of either major party. Most folks happily obliged the expectation that we would just go out and blow the tax rebate checks.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have 3 young kids, some of the stuff parents allow their kids to do makes my jaw drop. It's not the kid's fault if their parents suck.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm trying to have a house paid for by 38. We've got a credit card where we pay all the bills and groceries with, then write one check a month. We don't go to Disney twice a year and the beach 4 times a year, though.

warhammer, Volst53 and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We just recently paid off ours. Its a great feeling knowing you don't owe anyone anything and the freedom that comes with it.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

keep the mortgage and invest the difference.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is what we did until I wound up selling my house for the move. Everything else I tried to keep paid up or on short term loans (6-mo free financing, etc.) at the worst.

droski likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just want the peace of mind that comes with no mortgage. It's better to me than the 2 to 3 percent net gain over the invest vs payoff plan.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel you.

Also I agree with this post.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah i invest a lot more aggressively, so we are talking closer to 6-7 percent net gain for me with a 3.5% mortgage. not factoring in the interest deduction either. an extra say $2,000 a year at 6% for 30 years comes to $170k by math. of course you actually have to save that money rather than spend it.

13. CardinalVol

I'm aggressive in my investments (wife finally got me to back off emerging markets....some) but the spread isn't worth it, and with new standard deduction it makes a lot less sense for a lot of people.

I get why people do it, and I am disciplined enough to invest it. I just value the extra free cash flow each month after paying off mortgage and the freedom of being debt free more.

droski likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

Our goal is to have ours paid off in 5 years, if not sooner.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I agree that you shouldn’t stop investing to pay it off faster but 15% is enough then focus on the house.

Can’t buy not owing anything so you can tell anyone to [uck fay] off.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    justingroves and droski like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

you literally can and are suggesting they literally do so.

17. CardinalVol

This was just funny.

[​IMG]

Ssmiff, NorrisAlan and Volst53 like this.
  18. CardinalVol

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not having had a chance to watch the Mandalorian, I am not sure I get it.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

People going nuts wanting white supremacists expelled from the military for doing the circle thing during the Army-Navy game.