POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Your belief that racism is only supremacy is why all the dictionaries in the world had to add numbers next to the meaning.

Because of morons like you, who have managed to some how eek through life without knowing that words have multiple definitions.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you call me a moron, but already concluded those dudes on tv are racist. Stay oblivious.

3. fl0at_

I didn't conclude they were racist. I said, very specifically, for people who are capable of reading, that "If they knew it was a symbol of racism, and used it with intent as a symbol of racism, then it was racism."

See the word "if."

What did you learn the word "if" meant when you were... well, how ever old you are now, since it still hasn't sunk in?

I bolded it for you in case it was too long a word.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It is a fight I have fought forever and have finally given up. The left has co-opted and watered down the definition of racism to include prejudice and bigotry.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It certainly helps that Webster's uses race in their definitions for both words. I would also argue the right has attempted to water down racism to include only instances of overt and incontrovertible racism which lack the wiggle room for people to attempt to explain it as something else.

6. Ssmiff

I don't know or care who is responsible really. The word is typed or blurted out asap after about any situation involving different races.

7. fl0at_

This is completely false. The concept of prejudice and bigotry due to race as parts of racism are probably older than you, in that they were incorporated as part of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights following WW2.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I perm deleted Facebook last week. :)

9. fl0at_

Us next.

gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean it's still racist, but it seems a little different when you're talking about enemy combatants. I don't see the impetus for these guys to go out of their way to down black people.

11. fl0at_

Use of racism is always given a justification. It doesn't make the use just.

If you can't kill people knowing that they are people, with hopes and dreams and thoughts, that probably won't go to some special place in the sky, don't get in to the business of killing people.

And if that means we have fewer killers, then maybe we're doing it wrong in the first place, in that we have the need but not the supply.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Don't tempt me, henley.

13. fl0at_

I was shopping for new shirts just the other day, and I thought about you.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think it's a justification, necessarily, but it seems one would more readily resort to something like that in the kind of high-stress situation that gives people PTSD - not while watching a football game.

Hence, I don't think the existence of those racist terms for our war enemies necessarily indicates these guys were being racist.

15. fl0at_

The military's philosophy is one of breaking down and building up. I don't want you to suddenly learn your job is to kill moments before you need to do so. That's how you're going to end up with PTSD.

I want you that way before I need you to pull the trigger, so that you'll do it. I'm going to onboard your superiority long before I deploy you.

And yea, you're probably going to do something stupid due to that, and come off as racist. And if you do it in front of a camera, you're an idiot, and you might get hammered. Not for what you did. But that you got caught.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Wrong. You forgot the second Liberal change to the word; only whites can be racist.

17. Ssmiff

true for the most part. Been that way awhile. Its one reason why I never posted or spoke of Obama over 8 years. Questioning him meant you were a racist, so I stayed away from the stupid. For 8 years. Now its been nonstop the other way and is beyond tiresome.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You think that's how they do it at West Point, too? Honest question.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I imagine I don't see it because I am a civilian working in prev med. I'm sure that kind of thing does happen in a more forward setting and outside of where my job intersects with more soldiering things. I get handled or patronized a good bit when dealing with active dury.

20. fl0at_

Yea. Read any commandant's reading list and you'll see what it is they want instilled.