My Preseason Top 25...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Oct 15, 2013.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

As an outsider who doesn't follow hoops in any capacity what should we expect from the Vols this year?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Palm has us as an early pick for a 5 seed this year.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I partially understand what that means. How does that equate overall?

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I was honestly just throwing that out there for all to read after I saw it on cbssports today. I have no idea what to expect this year. With Maymon and Stokes down low, combined with McRae/Richardson/Hubbs I think 25 wins minimum and coasting into the tournament.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I don't see a scenario where we don't take home the championship.

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

A tournament appearance and a decent shot at a Sweet Sixteen.

7. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I disagree with the perimeter not being able to get along. I think they will coexist fine. Theyve had no trouble yet despite it being only practice and one exhibition so far. The coaching is still suspect for sure. Im not sure what to think of it really. Pastner is determined to have all three of his assistants as good recruiters but eventually you need someone who can actually be a good game coach. The biggest question mark for our team will be the front court. Woodson looked good Friday night but Nichols and Goodwin didnt really impress me. With the new rules, the guards should all get ample playing time due to foul trouble. Can the bigs stay in the game though? Thats the question.

And with free throws being that much more important, Kentucky will lose some games they should win.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

How much better is Gonzaga than the rest of the WCC?

9. WM

WM Active Member

Agree.. GBO

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

BYU looked really good tonight, but that had a lot to do with Stanford not guarding anyone. St. Mary's will take a step backward. Gonzaga won't be as good as last year, but the rest of the league hasn't made up much ground, if any.

11. kidbourbon

You think: Zags, BYU, Gaels, or Zags, Gaels, BYU?

I really enjoy the WCC. Great late night viewing.

12. hatvol96

I'd be surprised if BYU isn't second. They really shouldn't lose to anyone in that league other than Gonzaga.

13. kidbourbon

Cool. It's gonna suck to see the Gaels drop off when sanctions are imposed. I like that team quite a bit.

14. hatvol96

They'll be alright long term as long as Bennett is there.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Bump.

I'd say that's pretty damned good.

And as the above post refers to UT, I would call that perfect.

16. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

I'm surprised Hat is ranking UT in the top twenty in the nation. Based on what? Is this assuming that Stokes returns? For someone who wasn't very high on Martin's coaching ability, this ranking seems to come from no where. If Stokes doesn't return, this team will be very poor inside next season. The wings and point should be ok, but will struggle with no inside presence. I certainly hope this top 25 ranking is legit, but I really would like to know why Hat thinks this highly of next years team.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This is from the past season

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You suck!

19. Basketvolsfan

Basketvolsfan Member

Thanks for your support. It's what makes this site great!

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Usually the truth is pretty much the opposite of what Bassman says, so there's that