NC Amendment 1 Passes (Constitutionally Prevents Gay Marriage)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 8, 2012.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

John 10:30; I and my Father are one. He should have known this simple verse.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And vice versa. I appreciate the info.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The Concept of trinity does not go unmentioned in the Bible. Matthew 28:19 for starters.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't see why it's relavant if it is a choice. hetero people choose to do many things that the bible doesn't like (like not having children) and that choice isn't stopping them from getting married.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Wow.

6. Oldvol75

Homosexuality is a sin just the same as the person who steals a penny piece of gum (a thief) is a sinner. There are no levels of sin. Just one sin that is to death and cannot be forgiven.

7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I think the relevance is when comparing to something like racial or gender battles for equal rights. Outside of that point I agree completely.

8. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

This great the same people who say they do not believe in a God or the divinity of Christ but also get to tell how Christ would think, feel and act- great!

So Barry says he supports gay marriage personally but should be a states issue. Don't have a problem with that but why are immigration and health care not states issues?

9. Oldvol75

Don't you think the reason they brought it up then was because it was already being talked about and they just might have wanted to confirm it?

10. CardinalVol

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not seeing a great movement in christian churches to go after gum stealers.

many of us have had as much religious instruction as the most devout here. why can we not have a position? if the christian god exists i do not believe he woudl give a shit. i'm not sure why it matters if i'm 100% sure he exists or 10%.

12. Oldvol75

Thats interesting. But I've have read where the scribes, if they made an error, they would throw away the entire piece they were working on and start over. Maybe that guy has an agenda, who knows!

13. Oldvol75

Droski, I'm just saying that sin is sin. There are no levels to it, one is not above the other, all sin is forgivable except one. As to what I believe the only sin that is not forgivable is dieing without ever excepting Christ as ones Lord and Savior.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly. Those drawing lines between not as bad or terrible are stating that based on personal opinion. With God as the judge my opinion on which sin is worst than the next is irrelevant and a waste.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

As for gay marriage, I don't agree with it. I believe it is a sin. Fortunately for sinners, the only sin that will send a person to hell is dying without ever believing in God. All other things can be forgiven. (Mark 3:29). There is no way for anybody to live good enough to get into heaven. I don't think that is the way that humans are supposed to live. However, we as Christians typically tend to worry about things that we shouldn't. The number one thing that a Christian should do is take care of their own house (themselves) first and not be so quick to point fingers. We should worry about serving God and preaching Jesus Christ, and I a firm believer that that if we would do our parts exactly how we should, then we wouldn't have issues like this come up near as often. As a Christian, instead of pointing out flaws to these types of people, we should pray for them, and it is something that we do not do near enough.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Too literal. Could have easily been suggesting that all man are sons of God, or that as a child of Isreal, the first son of God, that he is a son of God, or that he was a descendant of King David, one of God's sons, from Isiah, I think.

Wonder what the Gnostic Gospels say.

17. CardinalVol

This is, in a very weird way, one reason I am not 100% behind the gay marriage ban.

Don't get me wrong, I believe it is sin, but as droski and others have said, it's basically picking and choosing what we deem serious versus what we seem not as serious. It's a hot-button political issue that politicians from both sides can use (see Obama's endorsement today).

It the end of the day, it's how much of the Christian rally against homosexual marriage (and let's be honest, I don't care how it's worded, that's what it is) is Gospel-focused, and how much is culture-focused. And at the end of the day, I think for a majority, it's cultured focused.

18. Oldvol75

Then theres truth to the words, "That all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." But we must remember that the when the old man dies, and becomes new, his sins die with him. Just as Jesus spoke to the woman who was about to be stoned,"Go and sin no more."

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, precisely. If Jesus is God, how he would be ascending to "himself."

It is pretty obvious that Jesus was a separate entity from God, and never directly claimed to "be" God. All that was inserted decades after his death and indeed after the death of his disciples. It's a manufactured belief-- like all religions.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm choosing to respond to this post, randomly. I don't feel like going back and elaborating on every post in the thread. We can always revisit any point you'd like one at a time.

Please share with me the verse where Jesus specifically says "I am God," or a specific remark about the Trinity, or a clear distinguishing remark about why we are ALL to refer to god as "Our Father" but it is really literally only Jesus' dad?

I'll wait while you perform and deliver this easy, cursory google search. You will quickly(?) realize you are mistaken. You didn't realize this strange, possibly trivial, fact and in your attempt to out-gotcha this baby-eating heathen, will now be left posting the same "interpreted verse" that has already been discussed in this thread. Right?