Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His Maserati goes 185

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Jessica Jones second season was pretty good. Not as good as season 1. Just couldn’t match killgrave.

I think she’s a really good character though

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

But he lost his license, so now he doesn't drive.

I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and call that song the best that any of the Eagles put out as solo artists.* If one agrees with my take, one would have to admit that it's a bit ironic that the least accomplished songwriter of the group -- and the guy with the worst voice by a comfortable margin -- would put out the best track as a solo.

**The only other song that's coming to mind is "boys of summer" by Henley, but if I'm stuck on a deserted island and I'm only allowed one song to listen to, and it's between boys of summer and life's been good, I'm taking the latter without and it's an easy call.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Does she get nekkid?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's definitely the one that sticks in my head the most.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The desert island scenario you mentioned is probably the worst situation for that song. You’d commit suicide in a day if that Joe Walsh song was stuck on repeat. I think Boys of Summer you could go several weeks.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The Heat Is On. Not even a question.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just started Homeland on Hulu.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Started watching a Norwegian Netflix show called Occupied. First two episodes pretty good. English subtitles is only drawback.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I grow tired of Carrie but the writers have a way of keeping me around, even thru some silliness. The show also touches base on topics such as ISIS, Russia, middle east, etc that seem in real time, even though the show was filmed awhile back. I've always wondered if they bring the actors back in for some quick clips to stay somewhat up to date, as at times it seems uncanny.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Always kind of annoyed me that the terrorist constantly outsmarted our guys with these incredibly intricate plots. Seems like the majority of the real life planning for these dumbasses is centered around haphazardly killing yourself to blow stuff up.

IP likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree. It's medieval murder and squatting that formed the state in Syria and Iraq, not elaborate subterfuge.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I guess that doesn’t make for very compelling TV.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Season 12 of Trailer Park Boys out today.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Occupied is good. We watched season 1 a few years ago. Season 2 just dropped. That was the longest wait I’ve seen between seasons.

I don’t know if we’d enjoy t as much if we hadn’t spent time in Norway because it can be far fetched at times. But I enjoy hearing and picking out the Norwegian we know here and there.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Never been there but spent a very long time off and on in Germany. So, as far as it's far fetched, I find the drama and plot pretty good so far. Watching S1E8 later today.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Been watching the Expanse on Amazon Prime. Really good so far.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

How far you in? I bought the first two seasons, love it.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I've seen the first season and really enjoyed it. Need to catch up.