Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Mike Vick 30 for 30 has been fascinating. Difficult to watch as well. There’s a lot I didn’t know or remember.

2. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

didn't watch that season of True Detective but I liked that slutty [itch bay] in Yellowstone

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Inside the Mind of Aaron Hernandez
    Really a great overview of his activities from high school through his death, and goes into exacting detail of his life and specific activities in and around multiple murders. It’s a balanced take, and on a subject where objectivity can be difficult - he was both a tortured soul and a murderous sociopath, and it fairly and equally represents both sides. And, as someone who didn’t really follow his crimes / trial / convictions very closely, it was eye-opening to see those details for the first time (it was amazing to see how thoroughly guilty he was in the murder of his one “friend”, and likely the other two guys who he was not convicted of killing). Also, [uck fay] the totality of his mother, who is a notable piece of shit, even when compared to her murderous son.

The Voyeur
    A guy who purchases and specifically sets up a motel to feed his voyeuristic curiosities / fetish. The man spends years not only watching guests, but takes incredibly detailed notes on their (mainly sexual) activities. He later contacts and develops a working friendship with a reporter for the New Yorker, and which culminates in a jointly authored article and book. It’s got a couple of great twists at the end.

4. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Sounds like what the movie Bad Times At The El Royale is based on.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hunters on Amazon seems pretty decent so far.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Star Wars: Rebels is awesome. On my second time through. Kid friendly but not kiddie. Best Star Wars content post ROTJ

7. Tenacious D

Haven’t seen it - any good?

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

wrong thread but ford vs ferrarri was fantastic imo. I didn't know anything about the story or movie and was glad I watched it.

9. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

started ep1 last night, looks like it might be pretty good but .... the shower scene was definitely not my idea of a shower scene

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There are also a few weird scenes where they kind of break the fourth wall that don’t really fit in well with the show and aren’t at all necessary.

11. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

yep that's a little different
    also, the fbi agent thing does nothing for me as far as the plot

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We've been watching The Good Doctor on Hulu. It's pretty solid. It's about an autistic surgical resident who has savant syndrome.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Finally started watching Brooklyn 99. It's decent.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We liked it for a while, and after 2 or 3 season (I believe), we just stopped enjoying it.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Are we using the Royal We now?

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't watch any shows by myself, so I say we. Because it's correct.

If you want to pop over to the gaming forum, I'll be happy to revert back to using "I" when talking about the games I play.

17. Tenacious D

I just started watching that about 2 weeks ago. Agree that it’s decent, but I’m just on season 2.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'll turn it on at night when I'm downstairs exercising/working out and will go through 3-4 episodes. I don't think it's something that I could just sit and watch, though.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Anyone watched Locke and Key on Netflix?

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. It’s decent. I pretty much called every twist, though, and I don’t really consider myself great at that kind of thing. Also a few things in the show if you pay just a moment’s thought you realize don’t make much sense.