NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm trying to recall anyone here ever defending big ben.

Guess it's my racism causing my memory to lapse.

2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

FTR, when I said this, I wasn't implying a single damn thing about race. I think people are just over the top with their criticism of Cam sometimes because they don't like him for his actions in completely separate situations.

3. NashVol11

My point is that, because Cam acted like a [itch bay] after losing the Super Bowl, people are now acting like he was whining about getting hit last night, which is completely baseless. Anything objectionable that Cam did last night wasn't anything Ben doesn't do, but no one accuses Ben of whining about getting hit, and some are in fact praising him for how he "never" whines. I think that's a biased viewpoint that comes about partially because people dislike Cam more. I don't think it has anything to do with race, and I haven't said or implied that it did.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Your taking a shot at one for being a drama queen when he gets hit. All I did was agree and say that Newton was really no different. I didn't give either credit for being tough not did I discount either for being not tough. Im not a fan of either.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Who said anything about race?

6. NashVol11

Ben isn't running legit power run plays 5-10 times a game.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Okay?

If you're [itch bay]ing about helmet to helmet hits on guys running "power running plays", you need to get on a crusade to save the running backs of the league too.

8. NashVol11

I took this to mean that Card thinks I'm playing the race card, so I took the opportunity to clarify that that's not what I'm doing at all.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The brutal hits Cam took last night were when he was not a runner.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's acted like a [itch bay] his entire NFL career, it didn't start with a Super Bowl loss.

11. NashVol11

Huh? I'm just pointing out that Ben probably still "gets his ass kicked" less often than Cam does. The hits on Cam weren't on run plays. Have you watched any of them? My guess is no.

12. NashVol11

And if you haven't watched them (or heard any [itch bay]ing from Cam last night) but still felt the need to jump in and say that Cam is [itch bay]ing unlike model-of-toughness Ben, that kind of proves my point. People can't wait to jump on him.

13. CardinalVol

It's almost like there is a distinct reason he would choose those two to compare.....

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Webster launched himself into his ear hole on one that I can remember saying "eh, he'll get flagged for that" and was shocked that it didn't draw one. That's the one that really stood out. I don't remember any other terrible ones, but I haven't really slept since last Wednesday night and I was watching this game with a 7 day old asleep on me.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I did watch. It's defensive players tackling a 6' 5" 250 lb guy. He'll get a lot of helmet to helmet shots.

16. NashVol11

I didn't choose them. I discussed those two because JG brought up Ben. Come the **** on. If I were playing the race card, you would absolutely know it and I'd say so.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't consider Cam diving forward for a two yard gain on 3rd and one, then getting up to do a 2 minute dance routine a "power running play"

18. NashVol11

Congrats, btw

19. CardinalVol

Whatever bro.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

There's a difference between inadvertent helmet to helmet and blatant head hunting.