NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The OT wasn't on the LOS either

2. chef65

chef65 Contributor

College football got it right with OT and the NFL should follow suit.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

You just knew that whoever won the toss was winning that game.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s what I’m saying.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Why the NFL keeps propping up New England I’ll never know. Why TF does ANYONE outside of Boston want see another Patriots appearance in a Super Bowl? I bet the ratings are not going to be up to the usual snuff. Folks will hopefully realize that the only reason we have this matchup is because the stripes straight out [uck fay]ed the Saints and then turned around and made sure the Patriots were in.

6. Savage Orange

I’m not making any bets over it but I guaran damn tee you the Patriots will win the championship. The Rams are gonna get a screwing that would make NYY blush in embarrassment.

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I’m as tired of the Patriots as anyone, but when you’re successful in late-game situations time after time after time, the “luck” and “rigged” excuses start getting stupid. Credit where credit is due

8. NashVol11

It probably will be a close game just like their other 8 were, and Brady probably will be better in a late, close game than Jared Goff will, and fans will probably say it was rigged rather than acknowledge those 2 things

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

credit given, but a dumbass being offsides, opposite of where the play happened, is the play of the game. Late game goat threw a high ball to 6'7 Gronk for basically a game ending int, and was bailed out
    Also bailed out by Chiefs D deciding not to help on Edelman on 3rd down.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. Savage Orange

Maybe, but don’t forget that if there are any questionable calls, the Patriots WILL get the benefit of the doubt. It’s a lot easier to be “better” when the stripes are greasing the tracks for you.

11. NashVol11

It was still in his arm. The ground didn’t make the catch for him.

12. Savage Orange

So... credit not really given.

13. Ssmiff

great snag. Gloves nowadays are more sticky than Lester Hayes hands

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

I'll give OL credit and Brady credit for hitting wide open Edelman over and over. KC couldn't get pressure.

15. Savage Orange

That’s total bullshit. He didn’t have control of the ball without the help of the ground.

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a team be better at converting clutch 3rd downs. NE does it over and over and over and over again. You know damn well what they’re about to do and you can’t stop it. Nobody can.

17. NashVol11

The ground didn’t do anything and his other hand was there pushing the ball into his elbow. Even if you do think that, there’s no way the ruling of a catch should have been overturned, based on the replay.

18. Savage Orange

That I’ll agree with. There was no way that would be overturned if called a catch on the field. I’m also not sure it would have been overturned the other way either.

19. NashVol11

The Chiefs didn’t really try anything but 2-man, though, which is what frustrates people. But Brady picks apart zones too, as in the previous round.

20. Savage Orange

Brady is the undisputed GOAT. I don’t like it and I believe there’s a real reason the Patriots are having to defend against allegations of cheating and preferential treatment from the refs all the time... but Brady is the best QB I’ve ever seen in the NFL and I can remember the tail end of Unitas’ career so that covers a lot of ground.

NashVol11 likes this.