NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A decent coach could handle that situation with Rodgers. The seeds with McCarthy were apparent to me in the Super Bowl year. That was an all-time great team who never trailed by more than 7 points the entire season, yet still managed to lose 6 games and be the last seed in the NFC because Captain Dipshit had no [uck fay]ing clue. Then the team goes 15-1 with the worst defense in the entire league. I'm getting worked up just thinking about how much of an opportunity was missed with that generation.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

rodgers was right. the scheme was dumb as shit. he should have demand the coach got fired years ago. that was his mistake

A-Smith likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Holding grudges and being thin skinned is no way to go through life, let alone playing professional sports.

If you think everybody else is slighting you, the problem isn’t everybody else.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m glad the veil has been lifted from St. Aaron, whether you chose to believe it or not.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He’s always been a strange dude who holds onto shit for way too long, but that doesn’t mean he’s not right about the offense

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That also doesn’t mean he bears no responsibility for their failures.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a terrible way to go through life, but the majority of the great ones in any sport are thin skinned and hold grudges.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Did Tom Brady hold grudges against Bill Belichick? Montana against Bill Walsh? Jordan against Phil Jackson?

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I would say Jordan is pretty thin-skinned. Durant definitely is. Kobe is. LeBron is always swiping at people. Antonio Brown is obvious. Maybe not everyone, but it does happen a lot

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes according to many reports. yes because of the young situation. probably jordan is a huge asshole. and it's a lot easier to be the bigger man when you are winning big.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's pretty low down on the list. the defense has been awful for years and they never made any effort to get him a decent rb.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Over Geurrero

Yeah, Steve Young

He may be the one person Jordan doesn't hold a grudge against

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one of my favorite stories is young going to thanksgiving dinner at montana's house and montana's kid going "aren't you the guy we hate?" and montana going "oh no, that's some other guy." ha ha

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

How many Super Bowls did they figure out how to get to before before that? After?

Seifert was the coach, not Walsh, when Montana was forced out for Steve Young.

So you’re saying he found a way to make it work? Like a real leader would.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

after montana got injured the first time walsh had an open qb competition for half a season playing both young and montana. eventually he named montana the starter after the team started the season playing like shit and the rest is history. this was before the second super bowl i believe.

me thinks rodgers finds a way to make it work with belicheck. and it's not like rodgers demanded he get fired. he was there a decade before he got fired.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

One of my favorite stories is Aaron Rogers torpedoing his career when he couldn’t get over the fact his head coach said another QB was better, while said head coach was an assistant on the staff of the team that drafted that other QB.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah the guy with the highest qb rating in nfl history really tanked it for said coach.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The second Super Bowl was in 1984. Young didn’t join the Niners until 87. Walsh retired after the 88 season.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Highest QB Rating of All Time Trophy will look really good next to all the Lombardis he should have won.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    zehr27 likes this.
  20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal