NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After Arian Foster fumbled away the bowl game to Penn State, I went deer hunting. I was pissed. I shot the first three does that walked out of the woods and a coyote. I felt better

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    OneForVol likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley and Butch killed a lot of my enthusiasm. Pruitt has brought it back, even with a bad first year.

3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I hunted a lot during the Dooley and Butch years. A lot.

justingroves likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

In game freakouts are the topic. Read what Norris posted.

5. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Yes

JudgmentVol likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

You gonna be ok? Being that I'm superior to everyone, I need to check on those of you who are inferior.

7. NashVol11

Just fine. Every time I watch you try and condescend, I smile and remember that time you got utterly destroyed trying to argue with a straight face that MJ would score 50 a game.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

MJ scoring 50 a game in today's NBA?

9. Ssmiff

I mentioned I used to raise hell during games and age changed it. U two take it to "petty sanctimony", even though uni told me he has forgotten more ball than I ever knew and "always right", so I don't believe either of you know the definition. Now that was sanctimony so maybe you do now.
    And post that MJ comment. I'd like to see where I posted that. He's the GOAT. If he shot the ball 40 times a game then yes, he could.
    I'd also like to see the day you destroyed me in that thread. Please, please post it.

10. Ssmiff

Yeah I'm waiting on that thread. Only chance I would post something like that would be hypothetical if he shot 40 times a game. And yes if Jordan put up 40 shots per game, he would be near 50 ppg after fts.

11. NashVol11

Done

12. NashVol11

I just agree with Uni that the "look here young fella, maybe one day you'll grow up and be as wise as me/let me teach you how to watch sports" stuff is trash, especially when you then turn around and make ridiculous comments that any teenager who's listened to a basketball podcast can easily refute. I'm not mad, Happy Holidays and all, but sanctimony is pretty accurate in my experience and I much prefer Uni's outbursts

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  13. Ssmiff

Whatever. Don't look at the basketball thread. its a message board for discussion of what people see and think. Some people see different things. Evidently you already see it all, young fella. Good for you.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Would MJ be allowed to play hopscotch before he shoots like Harden?

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Jordan did some traveling in his day

NashVol11 likes this.
  16. NashVol11

He could walk all over the court without dribbling and he wouldn't score 45 a game. The idea that everyone from the '90s would score way more today is purely a nostalgia-based myth, as discussed in the NBA thread

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

To be fair, nobody said “everyone” and Jordan sure as hell wasnt “everyone”

OneForVol likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

nashvol talking down to us again. He's already made his argument, wrapped it up and told everyone with another opinion they believe in a myth.

19. NashVol11

Meh, "Jordan today would score 50" and "Harden/Curry wouldn't be able to do anything in the '80s" are all based on the same garbage tropes about declining defense and players not being tough anymore

20. Ssmiff

I mean, nba players have commented about the difference in the game. Mourning and Jalen Rose among others have discussed the different offenses, defenses, fouling and rules, over the years. What do they know. They only played, talk to players across generations and discuss basketball nightly with the best in the business. Nashvol says they don't know wtf they are talking about and believe in a myth, due to his vast experience I suppose.