NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Yeah, so did Jordan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thejrr...ne-defense-changed-everything-in-the-nba/amp/

Some other NBA players:

But sure, let's just go with guys who mostly played in the '80s, no way they're biased.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

zone is hardly played in the nba. No idea where the zone talk comes from or who cares. Wizards play the most zone and its 1 of every 10 possessions.

3. NashVol11

Illegal defense was about a lot more than zone, which I think you know already. Basically couldn't leave your man for any reason, even to hedge on screens, unless it was an extremely obvious on-ball double-team

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Will you all take your stupid nba shit out of the nfl thread. I mean it’s not like there’s an nba thread or anything.....

reverendgeneral and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. Ssmiff

I don't remember a call of illegal defense on any player unless they were hanging out under the rim not guarding anybody. Never saw one on a hedge screen, but there were also fewer ball screens in the game as the game from the 70s and 80s was a big mans game vs guard oriented game of today.

6. Ssmiff

Tom Brady doesn't have it anymore

NashVol11 likes this.
  7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

No he doesn’t. I guess that means I’ll be stuck only being able to celebrate six Super Bowls in the last nineteen years. I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself.....

Ssmiff likes this.
  8. NashVol11

Is Tennessee your only team that hasn’t won a title in the 2000s? I’m jealous, but was still happy for UVA

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yes, All four Boston franchises have won plus UVA won the NCAA tournament and the college World Series.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If you need advice ask a Cowboys fan. I have never seen a fan base that lives in the past like Cowboys fans do.

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How messy a divorce is that going to be?

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Won’t be too long of a wait to find out.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hopefully the Browns give him the biggest contract ever and he gets injured week one and never plays again.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Packers defense reverting to form today.

15. Unimane

Can we do one game where a 12-3 team actually looks like a 12-3 team, especially playing a 3-11 team with nothing on the line and we are playing for so much? [uck fay]ing pathetic effort today.

[uck fay]ing. Pathetic.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. Unimane

Embarrassment. [uck fay]ing embarrassing.

And, I love Rodgers, but we are close to the end there.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Gotta be in the running for worst 3 loss team ever

18. Unimane

I'm [uck fay]ing beside myself with the ineptitude. 21 seconds and the Lions just running out the clock, give up a 40 yard run. I wish they could just fine the whole team a week's paycheck.

The Saints are in the same position and showing what a real team does in this situation.

19. Unimane

If I have to see one more Aaron Rodgers missed deep throw on a third and short....just get the [uck fay]ing first down, for once. Be Tom Brady-like at this stage in your career.

20. Unimane

We, finally, get rolling on offense doing short passing and then try to throw another 50 yard bomb, which hasn't worked all day. Rodgers just can't help himself. So dumb. We're pissing away a first round bye against the [uck fay]ing 3-11 Lions.