NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Next season:

"Who dat?!

No seriously, who dat at quarterback for the New Orleans Saints? I have no idea who dat is."

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If Tom Brady ruins this run for the Bills I might have to take a trip down to Tampa Bay. For reasons

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If anybody ruins it, it’ll be Aaron Rogers...

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

How refreshing is it to see teams like the Bills, Browns and Bucs in the playoffs though?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not as refreshing as seeing the Dolphins.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a Qanon theory that was too far out there to gain traction.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Not as refreshing as NOT seeing the Patriots in there...

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is how you go out -

[​IMG]

SetVol13, chavisut and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rivers' wife, Karen: "Who the [uck fay] is Tiffany?"

SetVol13 and Unimane like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Damn, that's a lot of kids.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

He stays in the pocket.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Does "having too many kids" play a part in your views on how we as humans affect the environment? Carbon footprint, and what not.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is an essay prompt question. To try and keep it short: we as humans, yes. Individuals like Rivers, less so. Humans in situations with high infant and child mortality tend to have more kids, and those in situations of low mortality tend to have less. This is not coincidental. As child mortality decreases, having large families means having to spread resources more thinly amongst the children, unless there are feedbacks that make having more children increase the security of the parents. Thus, culturally on a population level we tend to slant towards an optimum balance between number of kids and resources and security-- though there can be a lag of a generation or two. So it isn't really about Rivers or other individuals who can adequately support those kids, it is about building communities and societies where we optimize for sustainable families through low mortality, elder security, etc. With a healthy society and adequate resource allocation, natural human behavior will balance out between couples that only want one or two kids and more financial freedom, and couples who want 6 kids because they loooove kids or whatever.

"Having kids" isn't really something I would put in a carbon footprint inventory. Those kids each have their own associated footprints, so that would be double-counting. I also don't think there is some malthusian limit, as the more people on Earth, the more small changes in collective behavior dramatically affect the overall footprint and technology constantly responds to these things.

In conclusion, shit's complicated, what is more important than number of kids is outcome, sustainability and quality of life.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I also don't think we are in the population crisis that we might have thought we would be in 30 or 50 years ago. As countries become more prosperous and better healthcare is available, people have a tendency to have fewer and fewer kids. I think we are going to stabilize and actually contract our population in the next 100 years.

Look at places like Italy that are begging people to move there. Japan is going to be in that same boat.

15. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Stafford to Indy.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Good Lord.

19. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Might help Green Bay if their Defense could get off the field.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Stop a pass on 1st down and celebrate. How about stopping one of those on 3rd down.