NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Only thing that could derail what they got going with Joe. If I'm the Bengals owner, I'm threatening mass terminations unless the Oline doesn't get better ASAP.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Draft even more depth and talent still. Joe Burrow is well worth being overly proactive with all things related to their Oline. They win that game today if they did not outright suck at protecting him all day.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kelsey might never want to visit the state of Ohio after that victory speech. Damn

4. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Not unless Burrow takes pay cuts like Brady did. If he demands a huge contract after his rookie deal is up then his surrounding cast will be not be as good as it is right now.

3 of the final 4 teams had QBs on rookie deals. If I were a GM in the NFL I’d draft a QB just about every year until I found one that could play at a high level.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Sounds like Kelce had a win-win type of day.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He seems like the type that wants to win over everything. He will definitely find out.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Lots of [itch bay]ing about that late hit call on the internets, i mean, they gonna call that 11 out of 10 times

IP likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was close but yeah, you can't do that. It wasn't a vicious hit, he pulled up and didn't try to kill him

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Absolutely will be called every time.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Worst part is he hurt himself trying not to just absolutely lower the boom on Mahomes too

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looked like a little forearm to me. Hard for big man to stop. Can’t touch the qb and everybody knows that so it’s gonna be called but was made way worse by Mahomes soccer flop, and as people see 2 blocks in the back on the punt and 2 holds on that play alone. Call them all or don’t call any, imo. Cincy got hosed quite a bit.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't give referees the ability to make a judgement call to decide the game. The forearm was the reason it was called IMO.

Yeah, by letter of law in NFL today, Burrow should have gotten a late hit called a couple of times. Wasn't exactly well-reffed or consistently reffed at all.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If there is no accountability or sense of urgency in getting things correct, then things are going to be wrong a lot. In today's world, the very best officials could monitoring a playoff game and correcting calls instantly as needed. That is what replay was supposed to do. Intead, it has been used to shield and prop up mistakes on the field by the way everything is structured.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That intentional grounding call was pretty dodgy. It seems to me perine was in the picture enough to give the benefit of the doubt while getting clobbered

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The TE was fairly close by too

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It wasn't consistent at all and that drives me up the wall

17. Ssmiff

saw the same thing. Looked like it got to him on first bounce. Those throws into the ground on screens or whatever are never called and sometimes the intended rb or wr is laying on the ground nowhere close

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was wanting the Bengals to win, but I'm not angry they lost. But yeah, the officiating was as one-sided as possible in an NFL game.

19. Ssmiff

I like Burrow. Like Mahomes fine but the little circle the wagons huddle turned me against them a little. Don’t think the other team liked it either

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why?