NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would have worked if not for floats fancy auto formatting

3. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah it was the principle of the thing

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can respect that

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't expect it to be so visible. Like a rubber band snapping.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fruit roll up. Mine sounded like a gunshot in the gym. Felt like I left my foot behind me.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which you probably have done and know how that specifically feels.

warhammer and utvol0427 like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm convinced Smiff is like a torso mounted on tank treads. The amount of leg injuries is truly incredible.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Played golf with a guy one day that bent down to read a putt. Heard a loud pop, saw him roll over and yell. I was convinced that there was a sniper on the hill. I was running a zigzag pattern like I was being chased by a croc.

It took me a good 25 yards or so to realize what had happened. It rolled all the way up his calf and was disgusting. I was legit amazed that it was as loud as it was.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

13. Ssmiff

It’s all from basketball. I just couldn’t stay off the court I loved the game so much. 1988 acl tears were treated differently. “Career ending” at 18. Then I played probably 5 days a week, mostly concrete, but also leagues, till I was 36. 3 meniscus cleanups, another acl, then Achilles. Got a total knee a few years later then went back to hoop when my wife got sick to get my mind off of it and tore my patellar tendon, as I watched my kneecap roll up to near mid thigh.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The Universe is trying very hard to tell you something.

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

im done. But you also hate hoops. I was addicted to the game and competition

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I played basketball obsessively, too. I had great fortune in only one meniscus tear and a shit ton of sprained ankles. My greatest problem is my left heel being sore every time I run as a result of distance running on concrete.

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

The last time I played basketball I realized that if I attempted to do some of the things I did when I played for real that I would 100% tear an ACL or something else.

I’ll stick to the jumper in the future.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I got cut from the 7th grade basketball team and so that was the last time I ever played basketball in or on a team. There was some FT shooting here and there, a little horse, maybe a bit of 21 or 1-on-1 but looking back, I had absolutely no business on a basketball court.

19. Ssmiff

i hadn’t picked up a ball in 10 years. Was 46 and a total knee. Golf got cancelled so we went to play best of 3 and loser buys drinks. Hit 3 threes early. Pump faked the next one, glanced as he went by, another hesi on help D then tried to go off my good leg for an iceman finger roll and it just popped. My main problem is I could never just take it easy and try not to get hurt. Planned to at times. Then the game starts going and I don’t want to lose even if it means nothing.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Basketball more than anything makes me aware of my age. Just can’t do it any more. I was never a real baller, just a pretty good average Joe player. Probably better than you think I’d be when you look at me

I had some sort of knee injury, about 20 years ago, maybe meniscus, that I never got looked at, and I can still tell a difference in the before/after