No More Excuses - Get Him the **** Out of Here

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Why would, of all the assistant coaches, Stripling be getting out? He seems like one of the better ones. I know the DL wasn't consistently good this season, but I think he specifically can point to injuries. DB issues were hopefully fixed, but I'd still be more concerned about LB, WR, and OL coaching

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I can see a competent individual tiring of having an abject moron as as boss.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But evidently he might stay on as a pencil pusher? Sounds even worse. Why not just make a lateral move?

4. JayVols

Yeah, but you won't been seen in public with said moron daily. I'm sure less interaction as well.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm trying to think of a linebacker that's excelled due to coaching here. Reeves-Maybin was a solid football player from day one. Probably should have started over the guys ahead of him as a freshman. AJ Johnson was already good when Jones and Thigpen got to Knoxville. Kirkland was good from day one. I guess he's gotten a little better. Colton Jumper has gone from awful to not that awful. I really don't see any progression from any of the other guys. I'd be looking for a new LB coach way before DL.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He'll probably now be a talent evaluator that gets blamed for Jones'a failures.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I noticed on UT sports yesterday that we don't have a LB coach. Is that accurate?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

9. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I noticed we did not have any real football coaches on staff period.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He apparently wants to slow down and spend more time with his family which an off feild position would allow him to do. I don't think he does it though. The guy loves coaching and recruiting. He is actually one of our best recruiters which tells me he is still very passionate about his job.

11. JayVols

Good presumption.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

13. JayVols

I was completely astonished at the time college coaches work when I got to look behind the veil regularly. Even in the offseason, it's constant. Well, there really is no offseason. I'm surprised more don't burn out or have major health issues. It's absolutely crazy.

14. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Apparently he only wants to coach and not recruit. His new role will allow him to stay around and teach

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stripling has been with Butch a long time. He may wear earplugs

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

NFL coaches work less

17. JayVols

Or built up his tolerance.

18. JayVols

Much much less from what I understand. I've never followed NFL coaches around during day to day operations. In fact, never watched an NFL game in person.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have always thought the same thing to. I don't see how some of these guys do this into their late 60's.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Brady Hoke hired as the D-Line coach