Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports' started by chavisut, Oct 13, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's aggravating that it's such a "judgement" call. They need definitive rules on when and where to call it

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Looked like an indisputable touchdown to me. Don't know how they let that call stand.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They didn't want to deal with a riot

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

It's simple... Notre Dame "Magic"

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Is there some indisputable angle that I never saw? The only one I see has him extending the ball over the line with his left elbow laying on the ground. What I can't tell is whether the extension or the elbow touch happened first. I wouldn't overturn that either way.

The angle I'm talking about

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tar Volon, it is a joke in that situation. In that situation, you don't blow until you know he's down. They give chances for second effort throughout the game. That's why the term "second effort" is able to exist.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm not allowed to participate in this debate, owing to a lack of comfortable couches in the living room.

Thank you all for participating, however.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That's the angle I saw. It's pretty clear to me he was over the line. Just my take.

9. Tar Volon

You know what, I think you're right, but it's taken me literally 25+ views to notice it. I just now picked up the left arm against the background of the defender's navy sock. They'd blended together in all my previous views.

10. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

He did have it over the line but no control when he stretched out! But it's Notre Dame, so it always goes there way.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

and the ball rolled into the hands of another Cardinal. It was BS, but I am biased. I hate the Domers.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sorry, that's a TD all day every day except when playing at Notre Dame.

13. Tar Volon

I had Notre Dame -7, so. . .

Fortunately, I also had Stanford +10. Boom.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Must be the line the officials took too.

15. Tar Volon

I still don't see how y'all think it's so obvious. I'm with you on the call, but it took me ten minutes of staring at the replay to get there.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

F notre dame. Thats how

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Aren't you a philosophy guy? Maybe you are over thinking it. Or having some sort of existential debate.

18. Tar Volon

I am. I wasn't overthinking it, I was under-seeing it. The RB's arm was blending in with the defender's sock on the replay. It took me forever to see where his elbow was because I thought it was behind the sock, not above it.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

that's why I said the only way he's down is if that left arm is 8 ft long. I admit I can't see the elbow, but I can see most of the top of his arm and most of his forearm. No way that elbow is on the ground when I see the ball break the plane.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

All the calls went for Notre Dame; surprise, surprise.