Obama to Russia: ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Mar 26, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That is what I am afaraid of Mr. President.

President Obama got caught in private conversation with a hot mic today in Seoul, South Korea, telling outgoing Russian president Dmitry Medvedev that Vladimir Putin should give him more "space" and that "[a]fter my election I have more flexibility."

Jake Tapper has the exchange:

President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

Obama to Russia:

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Regardless of who the President is, that sucks to be heard saying that.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i shudder to think what obama will do without the fear of relection.

4. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

If you thought his first term was bad, if he has a second term, I have a feeling he will end up by far the worst POTUS of all time

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

That is my exact feelings, thats why I will vote for anyone but him.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pretty sure you already said he was the worst POTUS of all time.

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

and i stand by my statement, however he will make his second term way worse than the first.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Double-dog worst POTUS?

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There have been some utterly awful Presidents, Obama isn't even in Harding or Hoover's ball park yet.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Im a little shocked that he allowed himself to be caught making these off record comments. If this isnt something that doesnt send shivers down ones back, you really are completely clueless to the world around you.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It sounds bad, but there is absolutely no context. I would bet my right testicle that he isn't the first President who has said this, he is just the first one that got caught.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Thats what I am saying, he got caught saying these things. It is frigtening to realize that he had to worry about reelection his first term. The policy that he has pushed around in just his first 4 will, no doubt, pale in comparison to what he will try to do in his last four.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Top 3 worst policies he has pushed through: go.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Worst president? I realize I am in the minority in here thinking he's done a relatively good job, but I don't see how he could possibly be close to the worst president ever, unless the rhetoric has overtaken your good sense. At the very least there have been some really, really shitty presidents, like a Ulysses Grant (actually a good president in terms of policy, though), who had his administration ruined by scandal after scandal, or a Herbert Hoover, who mostly sat around while the Great Depression metastisized.

I'm not even sure why this is a big deal. I thought it was common knowledge that presidents couldn't get shit done during an election year. Besides, I'm not sure why people from the right are pissing and moaning about Obama, he's basically governed from the center-right outside of a few well-publicized issues. Hell, my critique of him was that he was too nice to the Republicans, trying to play nice with people who had no intention of doing so, and should have just gone for the liberal policies to be put in place. Otherwise, I'm not sure what nefarious leftist agenda people are afraid is in the works that can be passed over, at least , a House that is Republican. Gay marriage? Return to Clinton level tax rates? End of the Afghan War?

15. Oldvol75

Especially if the talk would have been about nuclear arms, as in reducing ours.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

How big of a nuclear arsenal do we really need? Serious question. Having a few that can strike anywhere should be enough. Even in the event of a full on nuclear holocaust, I'd rather take out whoever fired at us and then just take our fate like men rather than nuking everyone else who ever looked at us cross-eyed.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maybe to help with our deficit problem we could sell them?

Er.....on second thought, bad idea.

18. Oldvol75

Serious answer also, in dealing with Russia specifically, during the cold war there was a reason that it never happened. The fact that Russia knew that we had enough to take them out literally. Thats where I want us to be, ahead of everyone else. You may be too young to remember but there was a Russian leader about 45 years ago that stated,"Not only will we hang America, but they will sell us the rope to do it!"

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'm not going to lie; I like having a shit ton of nukes. It lets everyone else know that you don't [uck fay] with us. It's a huge deterrent, in my opinion. Getting rid of lots of them makes us look weak, and I don't like it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have enough to nuke the world 3 times over. We can cut way back and still maintain MAD.

Oldvol, I'm not so sure we dont sell our own noose. Luckily, the USSR proved to be too broke to buy it