Occupy Wall Street Protester Meltdown Video

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Oct 25, 2011.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

when the enviro idiots join in because of the level of coverage, you've officially gone worthless.

2. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been thinking about the London story posted earlier, concerning only 20 % of the tents being occupied at night.

20 % of 99%.... So they are the 19.8 %? Doesn't have the same ring to it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

[video=youtube;NkE3GnsLF0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkE3GnsLF0w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The right-wing nuts playing with the left-wing nuts... Kind of strange.

5. Anteros

Anteros New Member

They're dumb dumbs.

Legitimate gripes:

1. Government's housing stupidity.
    2. Bailing out Bear Stearns.
    3. Not bailing out Lehman after bailing out Bear Stearns.
    4. Lack of CDO regulation.
    5. Uncertainty caused by Dodd-Frank and Obamacare which has put a hault to recovery.
    6. Worthless "QE" (fancy word for trying to inflate out of a mess) and "stimulus"

They fail to realize the cataclysmic effect NOT bailing out the banks with TARP would have had.

But it's much easier and doesn't take as many brain cells to just blame Jamie Dimon and all those rich [uck fay]ers who are smarter and work hard. Shame on those bastard i-bankers slaving away 8 hours a day for money that'd be at the lower end of a physician salary scale. Don't get me started on the "greed" stupidity.

[uck fay] these imbeciles.

That's JMO.

I do pose a question: if we don't bail out Bearn Stearns, let Lehman collapse, and Goldman, etc. follow suit, what does this country look like today?

The Euros are actually proposing a list of 40-or-so (don't remember exact number) banks that are "too big to fail." How is this free-market capitalism? It's bullshit, IMO.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

So you are saying we needed the bailouts, but they weren't done fairly or evenly, AND they're bullshit?

As paradoxical as that all is, I think I agree.

The truth is we all love the fruits of capitalism but are too soft and selfish to want to ride out the natural market corrections to mistakes in market information and government interventions.

7. Anteros

Anteros New Member

The short-term economy needed the bailouts. Losing the entire face of American finance would have shredded the economy to 1930s levels.

Unlike the OWS protestors I mock, I realized the consequences rendered by not implementing TARP and letting the pillars of American finance crumble, and I would have been fine with them. The economy would have been horrendous for a bit, but it would've cleaned out the system. As Steve Jobs said, death is life's change agent. New banks would have taken their place.

Very well said, IPorange. I agree.