Official Grizzlies Bandwagon Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, May 4, 2013.

1. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Is that really surprising? The Predators have never been in a position to beat the number one seed and advance to the conference finals. I'm sure there are a lot of sporting events that have rated higher in that market than any Predators game in history.

2. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

The Nashville vs Memphis as a much better market has always been an issue. Nothing competes with the nfl in any city.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, we are talking about an NHL team in the mid south with no post season success to speak of. Big whoop.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm just cheering for the West and whoever plays Miami.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Their ratings are improving, and they are definitely establishing a bigger fanbase, but until they really challenge for the Cup they won't take the next step. That said, they are doing better here than I ever thought they would.

6. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Same can be said for the grizzlies. We were not worth a shit for the first four seasons in Memphis. The new ownership group has started doing a lot to grow the market. This year the team announced that Little Rock was joining the regional network coverage. Nashville is already on it (Preds get top billing) and I would expect to see an attempt to move into Birmingham or St. Louis in the future.

7. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I thought all of Tennessee could get Grizzlies games. I know that I always get them in Knoxville.

8. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I'm not sure of East Tennessee. I know Middle TN the grizzlies get priority except for greater Nashville area gets Preds. STL has no NBA team nor is there one close except maybe the Bulls in Chicago. Birmingham is a smaller market but demographically suitable for NBA following and relatively untapped.

The new owners seem to want to spread our footprint quickly and expand regional coverage.

9. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

By seeing the news most every day on WMC-TV, Memphis definitely needs this good PR.
    Haven't been a NBA fan since Jordon retired but the Grit n Grind is catching on.
    Go Grizz!

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I get all grizzlies games here in regular season without subscribing to the league pass.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Dreadful start to this one.

12. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

At least were consistent with our Game 1 efforts.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Almost seems like the Spurs have been here before doesn't it?

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's not it. This is a game 1 trend with Memphis. Adjustments will come

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Spurs will make you pay for so many things - like overhelping. Can't wait to see the game 2 adjustments.

16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Duncan's step back bank shot is so awesome.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Back in a hole.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A) it's happened every series so far.
    B) Grizzlies have adjusted every time.

Granted, it will be more difficult against the Spurs. I'm still not too torn up about this game.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Hey, I just watched like four minutes of pro basketball during Kings/Sharks intermission. Way to go Spurs!

on second thought, I might be in the wrong thread. . .

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I was livid in the first half. I feel much, much better about the Grizzlies chances after the second half comeback.