Official National Signing Day Bunker

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Feb 1, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Indy, who is our third receiver on three-wide sets? A fourth when we go four-wide? After a deep route who gives Rogers or Hunter a blow? When Rogers or Hunter twist an ankle, do you like the thought of Zach Rogers filling that spot? On average, how many receivers are kept on scholarship in the SEC?

Not getting a LB or OL shouldn't obscure the fact that they needed more receivers and good ones.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, because practicing against an offense that plays [ussy pay] football couldn't possibly be an impedement to preparing to play real football. It's not like Oklahoma, for one example, has fallen off the earth defensively since they decided it was wise to play coward football offensively.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Everyone saying fifth in the division, 10th in the sec are using the espn ratings

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Since Rivera is our third best receiver, I assume we will use the TE as a receiver a lot. Dallas should be able to contribute, and Zach Rogers, while not anyone's choice to see the field, at least knows the system. People seem to think Patterson will be able to come in and play from day one, bumping D. Rogers to the slot. If we have Hunter and Patterson on the outside, Rogers in the slot, Rivera at TE, and Dallas to fill in the holes, our needs at WR don't look to be very large. Regardless, my point is that even if the frosh WRs play, it will be a very small, limited role, so i don't understand everyone's excitement for them for this year. Some people act as though Croom and Pig are going to come in and be All-SEC caliber players for us.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The only thing pathetic and weak is your attempt to fluff a signing class that puts UT further behind the top of the conference. I'd also like to see these instances of me acting as if UT should be pulling in Number 1 classes on a whim. Of course, they don't exist. It's just a blatant lie by someone who lives in a fantasy world where as piece of shit like Dooley has any chance of success in the SEC.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Our defense practices against our offense? i thought that was what the scout team is for

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Okay, I really don't know because I don't pay much attention to any of them.

Star average is usually the best thing those sites have.

8. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Agree. And I like it.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pig will have a chance to be the main return man as soon as he sets foot on campus.

Croom is interesting because he's huge but I don't think he'll do much as freshman either.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just because Jason Witten could catch it didn't mean Stallworth, Washington and Parker weren't in the game at the same time. And the thought of trusting Rogers in the "system" is unnerving.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know, but i do have trouble answering his question. Probably one of the Patriot teams from eight or so years ago would be my answer.aybae not getting routine practice against a smash mouth offense keeps the defense from maturing. Seriously do t know.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Da'Rick Rogers 67 1040 15.5 58 9
    Mychal Rivera 29 344 11.9 20 1
    Justin Hunter 17 314 18.5 81 (TD) 2
    Rajion Neal 13 269 20.7 53 (TD) 1
    DeAnthony Arnett 24 242 10.1 35 2
    Zach Rogers 14 189 13.5 19 1
    Tauren Poole 21 164 7.8 32 0
    Marlin Lane 17 161 9.5 27 2
    Ben Bartholomew 6 54 9.0 18 0
    Vincent Dallas 3 37 12.3 22 0
    Brendan Downs 3 34 11.3 21 0
    Devrin Young 3 25 8.3 21 0
    Channing Fugate 3 17 5.7 7 0
    Matt Milton 1 12 12.0 12 0
    Anthony Anderson 1 5 5.0 5 0
    Cameron Clear 1 4 4.0 4 0

Justin Hunter was our third leading receiver last year... he played three games... again, i don't see how people think these freshman WRs will make an impact.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is but that's the reason he kept getting on the field last year.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm simply speaking from an offensive standpoint.

If we are only putting them in to have them in the game, they aren't making an impact. If they aren't making an impact, why not do whatever we can to redshirt them?

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Does ESPN even include JUCO guys in their rankings system? For some reason I didn't think they did.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One of them don't, but I don't know for sure which one it is.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm pretty sure ESPN doesn't, which is why we drag so much in that one.

At the end of the day, for next year there are about 3-5 guys that will have a substantial impact on how we do, and they are all on defense other than Patterson. I do feel we answered some issues for the short term, which quite frankly, is all Dooley can and should be focused on right now, for multiple reasons. If these guys pull through I think we see difference. If not, then we have a coaching search in 9 months.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

sorry for this being off topic, but while everyone's here... why do i have a notification that says "users awaiting moderation" that, when clicked on, takes me to a weird sign in menu that won't actually allow me to sign in?

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

they don't.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I assumed he was talking about the 2011 season.