Official National Signing Day Bunker

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Feb 1, 2012.

1. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

X's blogs is on point about the recruiting class. Good read.

Link

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They're not using ESPN, they're using Scout, which is even worse. I think Scout just makes up numbers these days. Rivals has us 6th in the SEC, ESPN has us 8th, 247 has us 8th. None of which are particularly good, but I'm with you. There are plenty of actual reasons to be upset (depth issues at LB not addressed, no OL, no game-breaking RB), so why harp on a number that no one believes?

Additionally, failures at 3/4 biggest needs is an exaggeration. Biggest needs were DT, LB depth, RB, WR depth. That's 2/4. Apparently everyone forgot Arnett isn't on our team anymore

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yes, you talked lots of shit that you couldn't back up. I didn't cry about it. I simply returned the favor. Then you became the one crying in a similar fashion that I've seen you [itch bay] an moan about the tone of this board.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Where is anyone "harping" on any outlets ratings?

5. hatvol96

Anyone who thinks offensive line quality isn't one of this team's biggest needs didn't watch them play this year.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Do we still think X is a person or a figment of Tony's imagination? If he is real, I have a suspicion of who he is now.

7. Tar Volon

At least two people on this thread have complained about Dooley feeling good about a class ranked 10th in the SEC. Unless you work for Scout, using that figure is just looking for the lowest possible number just to have something to complain about. Which is silly, because there are already plenty of things to complain about.

8. hatvol96

Yeah, because going with a consensus figure of 7 or 8 would make such a difference.

9. Tar Volon

Obviously the staff feels pretty good about making strikes in offensive line quality in the last recruiting class. Just because someone doesn't start as a freshman doesn't mean they aren't added quality, especially on the offensive line. It'd be nice to bring in more talent, but that's probably not going to help a lot in 2012 and 2013. What will is actually developing guys that we have. At the other positions I listed (save RB), we flat don't have guys to develop.

10. Tar Volon

It wouldn't, which is why there's no reason at all to harp on 10.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Those stats are damning and frightening! If anything it is an indication of why we absolutely will have Patterson and one of the freshman in the rotation. Also, our WR rotation two years ago included two freshman, and they were asked to contribute significantly once G. Jones went down. And that was with a tight end who is making money in the league playing right beside them.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's a decent class. I like some things and don't like others. However, we did "close the gap" if only for two reasons.

1. The top shelf teams simply replaced great players with great players. They've topped out on their talent level, for the most part.

2. We're replacing, essentially, dog shit with a handful of promising players.

So, we are closing the gap in one sense, but it's almost by default, which means we lose to Alabama 20-7 instead of 40-3.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  13. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

I don't think we're closing the gap at all. In fact, it widened by a large margin between us and Florida.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Florida's recruiting was the same as it was any other year, top 5, as usual. Maybe if they get a Diggs, they can improve their playmaking, but they're still in the same boat as us with a dipshit for a coach, only with more talent.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is Muschamp good enough to do anything with it? I doubt it.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would rather have Dooley than Muschamp to be honest.

17. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

Not sure. Just saying.. Their talent level was down due to attrition, and bad evaluations in Meyers last couple of years. With a good recruiting class we could have kept pace with them.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[video=youtube;8hg4CEMtphA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hg4CEMtphA&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/video]

This is sad

19. SaintBruce

SaintBruce New Member

Haha was cracking up at that last night.

Not nearly as sad as him pissing on that Kiffin shirt right next to his daughters bike.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree with Patterson. I really don't know that any of the freshmen will work their way into the rotation regularly though. As far as two years ago, those two receivers were Hunter and Rogers. I think it's safe to say that aside from MAYBE Patterson, none of the receivers in this recruiting class are on their level talent wise.