Open practice 8/16

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 15, 2014.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe its a no as of now, as it should be.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I know that 40,000 number is probably made up, but still, a couple fun facts:

*Only eight schools made up spring game attendance numbers topping 40,000 (including Tennessee)
    *Seven BCS schools averaged fewer than 40,000 fans per home game in the 2013 season, including at least one in each conference.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Being in attendance I can vouch that 40k is legit guess.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

My mom called me to say that Worley looks much better. Mama don't lie.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Supposedly the lower bow holds around 63,000 people and it was roughly 2/3 full. This puts the number right at 41,999.58 people.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

"Well, mamas wrong again"

- Col. Sanders

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

So at least one dwarf. Interesting.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Welp, my sanity has now been placed in ip's moms hands.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Much better doesn't mean a lot considering the starting point.

11. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Worley looked alright during the offensive drills, but I was sitting on the defensive end of the stadium so I didn't watch a lot of the offense. During the scrimmage the offense looked kinda bad.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

+1

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

For better or worse, the offense was decent at times under him. I'm not saying he's a great qb, but the offense was decent.

Manage game, get ball into area of playmakers, it can work.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

About that...

15. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

After watching the video of last night's open practice, two things for me.

1. I HATE that darn brick wall and the endzones. And at the sides of the endzone. We put our players at risk. I want to see six inches or 1 foot thick pads covering those walls. I believe we've had players hurt by them in the past and it will happen again unless something is done.

2. As I've said in the past, I'm a Dobbs man. But the videos do show he's less effective as a passer than Worley or Peterman. Haven't seen enough of Wegzyn to say nor the other QBs. I'm now of the opinion that despite the Worley pick, Peterman might be the better QB. He's more daring the Worley and that one time on the video I saw him take off running, just take off. He's got fast feet, really fast feet. I think he'd be a dangerous QB if he gets the call again. Opponent defenses will be forced to respect his running ability so the WRs will be up against smaller CBs and Ss, and slower LBs making passing effective.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Why do you always bring up Wegzyn?? I've got a better chance of starting at Tennessee than he does

17. KenTenn

OK, forbidden to talk about a Vols QB unless it is Worley, Dobbs, or Peterman.

18. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Always thought you had to have a very productive freshman year to hit a sophomore slump but apparently not. Dobbs is terrible.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Dude - wtf.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  20. KenTenn

The alert claimed the threat was on the 8th Maxim board. Thus my notifying the mods. I have my doubts
    it was actually on the board but tried to be a good board member by just letting them know the alert pointed
    at them. I won't do it again because I think any good intention here will be punished.