Optimism Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Jul 9, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I just want a football team that, win or lose, beats the hell out of the other team.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is sad how early and often that was discussed under him. Just a monkey with a typewriter, who accidentally wrote a playbook

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't say he got the whole playbook typed, just a few pages

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or in the case of the read option, apparently half a page

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I will be relieved for the first time in years, for now, to watch a Tennessee game and, in the back of my mind (And even in the front of my mind), not kinda, sorta want them to lose in order to get rid of the coach. No more conflicted emotions. I'll enjoy the shit out of that optimism.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Looking forward to seeing some of our blitz packages. Also how much our secondary improves under a guy that actually knows how to teach fundamentals.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Another good point. For the first time in what feels like forever I will be able to watch a game and not be praying the whole time that the other team out stupids us.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm personally ready for the first time we run an ISO and have a fullback take on a linebacker.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ready to see our lbs and dbs attack offensive players instead of off balance, on our heels and trying to grab.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

We're really not a small team. Look at the projected starters.

OL avg. weight is 315lbs with the lightest being 305
    DL avg. weight is 295lbs with the lightest being 270
    LB avg. weight is 240lbs with the lightest being 225
    Our projected starting WRs are 200lbs and 210lbs respectively
    Our projected DBs are pretty big also

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm looking forward to Pruitt being the first coach Tennessee has hired from the Saban tree and from bammer that winds up being successful at a high level.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Groves or someone said it in another thread and I agree, Tennessee is going to make some noise this year. May not be a stellar record, but a physical style of play and a non "infallible" offensive system is what will make people take note. That's my optimistic opinion.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Just finally glad to have a coach again that isn't making excuses and is loading his gun full of ammo and gonna unload whatever comes out this season. He wants to win now and is gonna give it a heck of shot in year 1.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It might be fun to watch football and not say [uck fay] it 5 games into the season.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Is this like a safe space?

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I took it as being the thread for the unavoidable communal and self-deluding, sunshine pumping phase of the preseason. By page 8, Vols are a playoff team, and by page 15, it's how long the dynasty lasts.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It's safer than the back seat of Sab's minivan.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I may have a heart flutter when it happens

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Mostly looking forward to the pure redneckery of our game versus West Virginia. I mean a bunch of dudes from Jeff City and Bluefield, WV in one place at one time. Holy cow.

NYY, lylsmorr and justingroves like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

WVU fans will be looking to fight if the Vols win. Guarantee it.