Pat Summitt officially steps down.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by MaconVol, Apr 18, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Doc Rivers is pure class.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Very classy indeed.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Cheatham Co. wasn't known for much outside of dark fired tobacco and home made wine before Pat Head came along. She's a fine person that did herself, her family and her community proud.

God Bless you and your family Pat.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

All right, someone has to say this so it might as well be me.

Ask UNC how it works out replacing a legend with a long-time assistant coach who has "earned the opportunity". Now, as someone who is ready to see LV fans get knocked down about 10 notches, I'm fine with it, but it's a bad move nonetheless.

5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

In reality, this is about what is best for Pat, not the program. I definitely don't blame Pat, but it is a bad situation that will only be a slight improvement over what Tennessee fans had to endure this year. It's just difficult to watch.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree. Except for the disdain of LV fans. There are a couple at RTT, and they're good people. But Warlick has been the acting day-to-day coach during a year in which we've seen a decline from the Lady Vols. I know nobody is going to be Pat, but that's not a good sign

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Meh. I don't really care who replaces Summitt.

I do know that a decline will be a hollow pleasure, as all the bandwagoner lesbians and 300 lb women will be nowhere to be found.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree with the the comments about this strategy. It is always next-to-impossible to replace a legend. And...to replace a legend who was still at the top of her game....but is so suddenly and tragically slowed by a disease that doesn't physically keep her off the floor....I think that basically is an impossible situation. We are just going to have to let it play out. I never felt Warwick was the answer, but Pat is going to "repay" her. I have a problem with someone who is willing to sit on the sideline that long and never "need" to leave to go run his/her own show.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sad day for the Lady Vols

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Come around more.

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good article.

13. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

If the rumors are true, it sounds like Coach Summitt's health has taken a turn for the worst.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ah man. I'm seeing this all over social media.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A lot of noise out there she might not make it through the night. What a sad day for our University and sports in general if this is true. I'm not a fan of the sport, but what she did to break down barriers and grow her game will never be matched. You can't help but to respect and admire her life's work that has reached far beyond the court. Godspeed Coach

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Terrible news.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's amazing how fast that stuff can bring you down.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sad news.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thoughts and prayers go out to the summit family.